weebleswobble TP52 - Week 39 Bent

Well done, lovely capture of the moment. Not easy when they are bouncing around, very cute puppy too:D

This is a fun shot and puppy is definitely enjoying him/herself. Well captured.

At first glance, it looks like you've done some Hollywood trickery and supersized the puppy! I think the way you've captured the grass in the foreground without detail and the shrubs in the background which almost look like oof trees makes it look larger than life. If they had been sharp and detailed the effect wouldn't have been so pronounced. And you probably did that without thinking. Eitherway, great shot and cuteness always wins.

Thanks for the feedback - there were 11 puppies, but not all put in the garden together, and I got to photograph them just before going to their new homes. They are just so gorgeous, and luckily all had homes or I would have been very tempted to take one home for my larger/older version.

Lovely Donna, What's it going to be when it grows up? Clever shot(y)
Going to be a large golden retriever. All 11 pups were the same size!

At first glance, it looks like you've done some Hollywood trickery and supersized the puppy! I think the way you've captured the grass in the foreground without detail and the shrubs in the background which almost look like oof trees makes it look larger than life. If they had been sharp and detailed the effect wouldn't have been so pronounced. And you probably did that without thinking. Eitherway, great shot and cuteness always wins.
Of course it had nothing to do with my great planning, I was concentrating on getting the shutter speed right, so left the aperture to its own devices :)

lovely fun shot, certainly looks big for 7 weeks to me. I like the light specks but I'm interested in what they are?
I sometimes use Lightroom presets and this one was 'add fairies' - I quite like the effect but have to remember to only use on the very odd occasion and not get carried away.

Thanks so much, just been on holiday so had the themes in mind while away but couldn't download pics. Actually am sitting waiting for an X-ray from holiday fall, but hoping it won't fit this weeks theme...

Sorry to hear about your fall, and hope it is not to serious :)

Catching up on my pictures, and unfortunately I am having difficulty typing this as I took this weeks theme literally and 'broken' my elbow. However I will stick with the photo I took with this theme in mind.

Week 19 Architecture
No prizes for guessing where I went on holiday
Social Media-5952.jpg

Week 20 - Broken
Among all the amazinf architecture I saw at the Notre Dame, I decided to focus on this broken part - reminds me of a local pub/restaurant we have called The Silent Woman (they supposedly cut out her tongue as she was passing on vital secrets)
Social Media-5914.jpg

Architecture, a very nice shot Donna, was it nice weather in Blackpool :D Have been to Paris many times and love the place so well done :)
Broken, another good shot showing the broken statue, like the gritty look to it but my only grip would be it might of been better if you had cropped the top bit out :)

Sorry to hear about your elbow too.

Couple of good images for respective the themes , the tower is well done with loads of detail against the sky and nice foreground.

Hi Donna,

Large - Great action shot with the face turned towards you (y). Big paws on that puppy.
Architecture - Seems I was too late to be the first to make the Blackpool comment :/
I love the fact that you've contrasted the tower with the blooms in the foreground and lept the whole lot in focus.
Broken - I'm going to agree, it needs a crop. Plenty of detail, the texture has been captured well.

Week 21 Transport
With a broken arm I'm having to resort to pictures I have already taken, but the middle boat was our mode of transport in France last week (and the offending item for my break, nothing to do with my neglegence...)
Social Media-6010.jpg

With what seems to be mist on the water, and the muted colours, there is a dreamy look to the shot.
Are you going to explain how you broke your elbow, or are we just going to have to guess (that it's alcohol related ;) )

Great colours and reflections for transport, and very sharp! So, what about the elbow?

Great colours and reflections for transport, and very sharp! So, what about the elbow?

Looks a pretty decent break, in a temporary cast put on at local small hospital, waiting for further assessment - was even too early in the morning to blame alcohol! Just wet weather on boat steps. Camera luckily fits in the other hand, but feeling a little fragile at the moment

Sorry to hear about your arm but a lovely photo for transport

Week 22 - Minimalistic
Gutted as this is one of my favourite subjects and I just cant get out to photograph something on theme (fingers crossed, a new cast tomorrow and be told there is no need to operate...). So this is a photo I took about a month ago in Kensington Park, London
Social Media-4371.jpg

Nice space around minimalistic Donna - it feels as if it's leaning to the right, but that's probably distortion due to the reflection?
I love your transport shot - what an idyllic scene...you and Dean have persuaded me I need to spend more time on boats...although it sound like it could be dangerous?! I hope your arm heals quickly and you can soon get out and about again .

Great shot for Minimalistic. I like the softness of the water and the effect upon the reflection.
Fingers crossed all goes well for you today and that your recovery is a swift one.

Its a nice shot and on theme, but I do feel the harsh watermark heavily detracts from the image.

Back