weebleswobble TP52 - Week 39 Bent

Well done on the grab shot Donna - spot on theme. Detail in the face is nice and sharp. WB perhaps needs to be adjusted to correct the yellow tint but the composition and interpretation are excellent.
Good point, I will change the WB, thanks for that - ooh yes, it does look so yellow now!

Well composed and well focussed. My only critique would be to try and get a bit more catch light into his eyes, to make him look more 'alive'.

Helpful comments are great, thanks. Yes I need catch light, can see that now it is pointed out to me. Was quite a grab shot at the time, and had to use considerable dodge and burn to darken the background and lighten the dog. An off camera flash may have been much easier, and could've given the catch light too. I'm sure she will be dirty again soon, so might try and recapture this shot.

Order: I love the color and DOF, as well as the whimsy of the one standing out.
Comfort: The reflection is nice, as are the colors. Great idea of the theme.
Hairy: Nice detail in the hairy dog, but he doesn't stand out as much from the background as he could (but great for a grab shot!).

Hi Donna,

Hairy - Nice sharp portrait and hit the theme with the muddy hairy dog look.
If you're into taking photos of our furry friend, have you caught any of Kaylee Greer's work?

Smooth - nice long exposure, and use of two different line (the hard line of stone breakwater and the subtle line of the wave). (y)

Hairy - a good image for a grab shot, lovely looking dog.

Smooth - a beautiful image, I have still yet to master the technique for doing long exposure, you have done very well with this, water looks very smooth.

Last edited:
Thanks for the likes. I keep trying to move away from landscapes, but hey, keep coming back to it (along with photos of my dog!).

If you're into taking photos of our furry friend, have you caught any of Kaylee Greer's work?
I didn't realise that was the name of the photographer Dog Breath, but looked her up. Yes, I have seen these and love the photos.

Hairy: Nice detail in the hairy dog, but he doesn't stand out as much from the background as he could (but great for a grab shot!).
Yes, I do agree, thought it might work to be the same colour to keep the background from distracting the dog, but it didn't really work. I'm sure she will be muddy again soon to retake this in a better light and background

Smooth - a beautiful image, I have still yet to master the technique for doing long exposure, you have done very well with this, water looks very smooth.
Well done Donna ....I just can't master this so it's green eyed envy from me ...very nicely done, love the pebbles at the front. :clap:
I used the Lee Filter 10 stop, does fantastic things to pictures that could've just been a plain shot (some like it, some don't). I love the effect it can give. Will be happy to give settings if needed (although I pretty much put on AV, f11, manually focus in live view and let the camera do the rest...)

Super shot Donna - beautifully Smooth water and all good compositional boxes ticked. Love it.

Lovely shot, can't beat a pebbly beach for long exposure photos!

Works very well with the smooth sea and the pebbles showing through. (y)

#2 for me! Maybe even without that green thing above the salt rock. I like the colour of the rock and the way it lights up the table.

I prefer #2 with the green squiggly light above - just adds extra vibrancy. Looks like a fun thing to try and experiment with.

Your Smooth is a beaut, not sure what to think about Mineral - it sort of says Experimental. :)

Thanks for your comments, although it still doesn't really clear the air with my other 'alf who was right in the preferred one, looking around 50/50.

Yes it was a bit of fun to experiment with (and while trying to watch the rugby as well).

Hindsight is a great thing yet again, and I would do it different next time and turn off the light half way through to finish off some light painting without burnout on the lamp (a lightbulb moment afterthought you would say)

I like that Donna - nice bright colour against the light bg works really well as does the shallow DoF.

Back