Weekly weebleswobble's 52 thread for 2020 - Week 13 Time

GarethB

Likes to peek
Name
I don't even know anymore!
Edit My Images
Yes
Very creative image Donna!
I like the use of negative space - lends a touch of isolation and abandonment, which plays into the discarded theme perfectly!
I like the light too...it has a nice coolness to it which works well.
Nicely done!(y)

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
First image is great, nice and colourful and I like the way the green pathway leads you to the castle.

Very nice dog and he looks like he is having a great time. Good capture.

The tool theme is probably my pick of the bunch.

Ah poor Tigger, left abandon all alone in the gutter, who could be so cruel. I do like the colours in this, the dark purple hues and the contrast of the yellows / orange make the scene for me.

OP
OP
weebleswobble
Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 5 - Snappers Choice

Waiting your turn

This wasn't what I was planning, but went out for breakfast at a local nursery and kept looking out the window watching the birds. My plan for snappers choice was going to be at a wet fish shop photographing 2 x red snapper 'choice of snapper', but just didn't happen (would've been so much more fun).
Social Media-2397.jpg

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Lovely little bluey - and the blurry spadger really helps with scale :)

Fuji Dave

Terminator
Name
Arnie
Edit My Images
No
Love a good bluey in the tree, a nice shot and agree with Dave about the male sparrow helping the scale.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I appreciate you're probably trying to keep the original aspect and the balance of the two birds, but I really don't like the peanut butter jar.
A square crop losing the jar would be infinitely better imo (of course, that's just me - and then you'd have people asking why it was tight up to the RH bird - you can't win ;) )
However, well caught in the light and great use of the DoF there :)

Name
Roger
Edit My Images
Yes
Like the composition on this,gives the Blue Tit some context and not the usual bird on a twig shot.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
I've given up trying to capture birds, it all seems like a lot of work to me. You've made a good job of these two, I don't mind the of bird and jar. I do like the Blue tit waiting it's turn at the feeder.

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
That's a good set up for Discarded. Tigger looks very sad and his surroundings look cold, dark and wet. I wondered if he was too small in the frame but actually I think all that space adds to the sense of being all alone (y)

I'm not too keen on the out of focus bird and jar on the right hand side but the blue tit is captured beautifully - sharp, colourful and well lit.

OP
OP
weebleswobble
Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 6 - Wild Cat impersonator
I initially thought it would be a 'Wild' Weather shot, but saw this was also a popular thought with some other great pictures already put up. So trying to think of something different, I came up the Wild Cat (dog). It's fun thinking out of the box and then trying to get a decent enough picture to depict the theme (well, it's fun at the moment...)
Social Media-2572.jpg

Last edited:
Name
Roger
Edit My Images
Yes
Excellent an original interpretation with humour and very well executed.

Fuji Dave

Terminator
Name
Arnie
Edit My Images
No
Lol on the fun dog/cat shot Donna love it, also like the 1st wild sea shot too.

Edit My Images
Yes
The expression on the dog's face definitely makes the shot - like it. Well thought through - I like your second wave shot too - there appears to have been a lot of wild weather in the UK recently!

Fuji Dave

Terminator
Name
Arnie
Edit My Images
No
Well thank you as I now have the song in my head :D
What can I say about the image you have taken for the theme is WOW, you totally nailed it so enough said :clap::clap: