weekly weebleswobble's 52 thread for 2020 - Week 26 Mother Nature

Very creative image Donna!
I like the use of negative space - lends a touch of isolation and abandonment, which plays into the discarded theme perfectly!
I like the light too...it has a nice coolness to it which works well.
Nicely done!(y)

First image is great, nice and colourful and I like the way the green pathway leads you to the castle.

Very nice dog and he looks like he is having a great time. Good capture.

The tool theme is probably my pick of the bunch.

Ah poor Tigger, left abandon all alone in the gutter, who could be so cruel. I do like the colours in this, the dark purple hues and the contrast of the yellows / orange make the scene for me.

How a soft toy can look sad I don't know, but he really does look sad.
A good idea and the high lighting or should I say vignetting, helps to define the subject.

I really like the discarded shot, lovely exposure and I actually like that the subject is quite small in the frame :)

Thanks for all your comments, it is appreciated, and love hearing the different ideas/perspective. Never fear, Tigger was rescued...

Week 5 - Snappers Choice

Waiting your turn

This wasn't what I was planning, but went out for breakfast at a local nursery and kept looking out the window watching the birds. My plan for snappers choice was going to be at a wet fish shop photographing 2 x red snapper 'choice of snapper', but just didn't happen (would've been so much more fun).
Social Media-2397.jpg

Lovely little bluey - and the blurry spadger really helps with scale :)

Nice image, nice DoF. But I'm sorry you didn't get your (red) Snappers though Donna :D

I appreciate you're probably trying to keep the original aspect and the balance of the two birds, but I really don't like the peanut butter jar.
A square crop losing the jar would be infinitely better imo (of course, that's just me - and then you'd have people asking why it was tight up to the RH bird - you can't win ;) )
However, well caught in the light and great use of the DoF there :)

Like the composition on this,gives the Blue Tit some context and not the usual bird on a twig shot.

I've given up trying to capture birds, it all seems like a lot of work to me. You've made a good job of these two, I don't mind the of bird and jar. I do like the Blue tit waiting it's turn at the feeder.

That's a good set up for Discarded. Tigger looks very sad and his surroundings look cold, dark and wet. I wondered if he was too small in the frame but actually I think all that space adds to the sense of being all alone (y)

I'm not too keen on the out of focus bird and jar on the right hand side but the blue tit is captured beautifully - sharp, colourful and well lit.

Week 6 - Wild Cat impersonator
I initially thought it would be a 'Wild' Weather shot, but saw this was also a popular thought with some other great pictures already put up. So trying to think of something different, I came up the Wild Cat (dog). It's fun thinking out of the box and then trying to get a decent enough picture to depict the theme (well, it's fun at the moment...)
Social Media-2572.jpg

Last edited:
I also took these photos this week as my initial thought of Wild, but Swanage was quite tame compared to other places along the coast
Social Media-2441.jpgSocial Media-2549.jpg

Last edited:
LOL at the pooch :) Nice colour shot too.

Excellent an original interpretation with humour and very well executed.

That's a fun shot Donna, nicely thought out, prepared, composed and executed.
It's funny what you said about the weather, I was in Cardiff all weekend and you wouldn't really know it was supposed to be the worst storm in decades.

The expression on the dog's face definitely makes the shot - like it. Well thought through - I like your second wave shot too - there appears to have been a lot of wild weather in the UK recently!

Nice shot of your dog/lion, that made me smile

Morning has Broken
I was really struggling what to take for Broken this week, then whilst walking the dog in the dark this morning, I saw the hint of a pink sky, so rushed home, got the camera and headed to the beach.
Come on, admit it, you are now singing the song in your head, Morning has broken... :whistle:
Social Media-2641.jpg

Last edited:
Wild - brilliant inspiration with doggycat a really fun image

Broken - Love ly image a different take on the theme love the rays of light and lighting on the clouds.

You certainly caught that, just about right Donna (y)

Back