weekly weebleswobble's 52 thread for 2020 - Week 26 Mother Nature

Lovely shot for broken, I never thought of that! :)

What a wonderful Dawn shot, excellent colours, good composition works well for the theme.

Week 8 - Do I have the Ability??
I decided I really needed to get my camera manual out of the loft to attempt reading AND digesting what it says... Then it came to me, do I have the ability to read it, and hence this week's photo. And before you ask, I still haven't opened the book (apart from for the photo), and now heading out to Sunday lunch :exit:
Social Media-2788.jpgSocial Media-2794.jpg

Love your take on the theme and a great idea too. I think the two shots go together quite well to tell a story with the 2nd shot of you just give up and decided go for food. :giggle:

I may be different and I do 'scan' the manual initially whenever I got a new toy and occasionally refer to it every now and then.

Great take on the theme Donna, it made me chuckle especially #2...
:)

Great idea and well captured. I think the first best suits the theme of Ability, but the second is more amusing and I can relate to that [emoji4]

I don’t very often dip into my manuals either, and I only have digital copies, but I usually learn something when I do.

Great idea for the theme. I do exactly the same every time I try to look at the manual.. especially when it's the nth time I've looked up the same thing! Hope you have a good lunch ;)

Hi Donna,

Loving your take on wild! Great tank on the theme and a nice fun portrait to boot. Your two other Wild photos are great too.

Broken is a superb image. Such wonderful colours. And, yes you are spot on, I am singing the song in my head!!

I like ability too. Two great shots although the first gets my vote.

Last edited:
Broken
That's a lovely coastal, sunrise shot.

Ability
The second one is a winner. Although I'm not sure it's showing your ability, maybe more your lack of ability ;)

My favourite shot for Ability, love the look on your face in number one. Very well captured.

Broken - Super shot I like the shadows in the sky from the clouds.

Ability - Great take on the theme I like the first best but together the two tell a story.

Love the Wild one of the dog impersonating a lion - very funny! And keep thinking outside the box - it makes it much more fun!

Great take on the theme for ability. What are these manuals you speak of?

Ability - 2 brilliant takes on the theme love them, but as others have said reading a manual.......

Week 9 - Winter conditions
I work at an ice cream company, and have a couple of great sized freezers, so asked one of the guys to shout me when his beard started freezing over for a winter look - which he dutifully did :).
But in case I didn't get the picture some time this week, I took a winter sky at sunset on the weekend as a back up. I did try a long exposure, but the wind was really strong, so wobbled the tripod!
Social Media-2849.jpgSocial Media-2814.jpg

Last edited:
Really like the portrait - lots of texture.

Great portrait - hope you provided a nice cuppa to thaw him out!

Excellent portrait with lovely detail. Great idea for the theme. How much ice cream do you get to eat :)

Great portrait Donna, spot on (y)

2 Good winter pictures, the portrait has come out really well.
:ty:
Really like the portrait - lots of texture.
Thanks, I really did work on the texture and clarity for this
Stunning Portrait.
Thanks
Cracking portrait great detail and texture.
Thanks
Great portrait - hope you provided a nice cuppa to thaw him out!
Oops, took my photo and ran (as I didn't want to freeze the camera). I'll make him a cuppa tomorrow
I do like the portrait - works really well. And the B&W conversion suits it.
Did you process a colour version too?
No, actually I didn't really even think of it. It was a colour photo which I instantly converted to b&w. He normally has a wonderful smile so I had to ask him to look more serious. I may try and do colour versions of his smiley ones.
Excellent portrait with lovely detail. Great idea for the theme. How much ice cream do you get to eat :)
Mmmm too much, someone has to do it...! :popcorn:
Great portrait Donna, spot on (y)
Thanks

Beardy bloke works well ;)

Stunning portrait of a man who doesn't seem to feel the cold! Brilliant!

both great shots for winter the sunset is very pretty, but I like portrait best great image and the b/w really suits it. I agree a smily face would not have had the same impact.

Back