Weekend at the lake

Edit My Images
Yes
On the weekend of September 21st my mum, grandparents, cousin and his fiance all went to a lake an hour and a half from where we live. It was very lucky that we went away because a tornado as strong as a category 4 hurricane hit Ottawa (the city we live in) and knocked out the power, destroyed homes, etc. I had college until 2 on the Friday so I had to go up with my grandfather, cousin and cousin's fiance later in the day. My mum and grandmother drove up early and said they missed the storm. When I was going up we had to drive in it. We did not see the funnel cloud, but we saw dark clouds and most of the traffic lights were not working.

Anyway, I could start another topic about the tornado. Here are the pictures I took and used for an assignment in college.

qzrtYSG.jpg

BCj4kpU.jpg

5rECZbh.jpg

More to come!

Hi Chip, what was the assignment and have you had feedback yet? I love Canadian lakes, although I've not been out and about near Ottawa yet.

The assignment was basically to shoot and process the images in Capture One. I submitted them to the teacher and have not heard back yet. I feel confident about them though.

#3 Is exposed more accurately that #2 but has more of a wonk on. Focus on #1 seems not to be in. Was there a brief on the image content as these seem to be lacking a point of interest?

I realized I uploaded the wrong files to Imgur so I redid it and I'm going to redo it now. (I went into the wrong folder)

TSjNSNZ.jpg

znVToRL.jpg

4MhuBWe.jpg

V0oYwcU.jpg

k862ywO.jpg

Is there any reason your horizons tilted and also couple pictures is out of focus.

Was the only requirement for this task just to process in Capture one, no mention of the content etc?
if so shouldn't there be a "before" and "after" comparison?

Is there any reason your horizons tilted and also couple pictures is out of focus.

Was the only requirement for this task just to process in Capture one, no mention of the content etc?
if so shouldn't there be a "before" and "after" comparison?

I sent in the "Before" as well as the "after".

No sarcasm intended, but are some of these the 'afters'? I'm still seeing tilted horizons etc as mentioned above.

I think you needed to use a faster shutter speed because those images taken from the boat are not totally sharp and this is probably in some part due to movement of the boat.
If the object was to use Capture one to process the images , then I think the exposure needs correction and also horizontals.
But I think my biggest comment would be that all of these IMHO suffer from a lack of a suitable subject and point of interest.
I know you say that the excecise was to use Capture one but that's no reason not to the think about composition before you press the shutter release.

Back