Black Darter
MG_3537.jpg

Another Dragon Face on
MG_3714.jpg

On the post
MG_3651.jpg

Sunbathing
MG_3683.jpg

And a video of what I think looks like a dragonfly tap dancing...

:coat:

Another magnificent set Chris:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: How on earth did you get that fantastic face on shot :jawdrop: it's smiling for you.

Nice set Chris 4 is my favourite
Thats a nice boogy

Another magnificent set Chris:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: How on earth did you get that fantastic face on shot :jawdrop: it's smiling for you.

Thanks Charles - These dragonflies ( darters ) often return to the same spot. Case of patience and waiting for one to put up with me. Unusually for me I was using a tripod ( mainly to steady the videoing I was doing ), and just carefully got the 100mm lens to 1:1 on it. I've been closer to some with my MPE-65mm lens in the past. Some obviously fly off.

Nice set Chris 4 is my favourite
Thats a nice boogy
Thanks Alf

Nice set Chris. You are still finding dragonflies! That's good. I like the video too - I wonder what that intermittent head-shake was all about - and the leg-twitching too for that matter. Is that normal/usual? (I wouldn't know - I hardly ever see dragonflies - none at all this year.)
Yes, fortunately on the South Coast they can be around in October. My id book says the Commons apparently fly into December! Don't recall seeing any that late in the year - but maybe was not looking for them then.

Not sure what the leg tapping was about, think the hoping may of been it checking out the lens ? Or maybe some prey was nearby that it was looking at.

Lovely series of shots and a great video, the head twitching is normal for all dragon and damsels that I have seen, no idea why they do that. The legs movement was to the music you was playing it I guess :D

Back