Well, it had to happen eventually...Forth Bridge

Name
Callum
Edit My Images
Yes
Went with the b&w to combat the terrible rainbow flares given by the TOkina 16-28, but ended up preferring it to colour. Blown away by the detail the D800e gives. You can clearly see the pictures on the wall inside the house on the left, in the original file.

24485837702_a3cb49dede_h.jpg
by Callum Richardson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Peachy detailed shot. I might burn the two right hand bits just to darken them.

I like this and the B&W conversation is a nice change from the colour shots kicking about.
Probably worth noting for those that have mentioned the sky looking funny.
That is a result of the flood lights on the 2nd and 3rd cantilevers casting their beam into the sky.
You have done well with exposure as its not easy with the lights on cantilevers 2 and 3 being extremely bright but more importantly far brighter than those on cantilever 1.
Thanks for sharing (y)

Looks good :)

I like the left part of the image, on the right the sky looks a bit strange to me

Difficult to remove really as its actually shadow from the bridge caused by the very bright lights below it casting on to the clouds or moisture in the air.

Can I ask where that was shot from? I don't know why, but I've never thought of trying a B&W conversion of the bridge myself (going to have a play now). Oh and I like it.

Thanks for the comments everybody, much appreciated.

As said, the sky on the right is lit by the floodlights. I personally love the way it looks, but I can see it looking odd to anyone who wasn't aware of this.

James, it was taken from the boat ramp at the end of Main St in north queensferry.

Back