East Anglia Wells Next The Sea, North Norfolk

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone please help or advise with the opening times for the large car park near the beach huts at Well Next The Sea?

Hi Mike as per the holkham estate website.

Wells Beach, Beach Road - Parking Charge

Open dawn to dusk. Please note that the car park will be locked overnight. Tariff applies 6am to 9pm.
Cars
Up to 1 hour £2.00
Up to 2 hours £3.50
Up to 4 hours £6.00
Over 4 hours and all day £8.50*
*Purchase of an all day parking ticket allows free parking on the same day in Holkham Park (saving of £3.00).
1 week £25.00
Motorcycles £2 per day

No coaches, caravans or trailers.
Overnight parking is not allowed.
Please be aware that there are some restrictions for dogs on Wells Beach.

Adrian, Craig, thanks for all the help, really appreciated.

Just been looking at the beach huts on Google maps, I didn't realise there were so many of them.

Has anyone photographed the beach huts before and can let me have an idea as to where best to start? I'm after the "cliché" shot down the beach and into the sunrise, looking on Google, there seems to be a couple of ways to the huts from the car park, one at the end of the huts and the others through the small forest.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike i took a sunset picture from the path nearest the car park so when you get to the beach the huts will be on your left.

If you look at the first picture you can see the end of the forest which you will need to be at the end of for a sunrise.

So basically the opposite end to where iam standing.

You will also get some decent light in the woods first thing as well.

Untitled by Adrian Jones, on Flickr

Walking through a Strawberry Sunset.. by Adrian Jones, on Flickr

Monochrome Pine Woods by Adrian Jones, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks Adrian, your help is really appreciated. I now know what time the car park opens, where to start and what to look for and the tides timetable has just arrived. Can't wait to get started.

Thanks Adrian, your help is really appreciated. I now know what time the car park opens, where to start and what to look for and the tides timetable has just arrived. Can't wait to get started.

Enjoy Mike,look forward to seeing some of your pictures.

Another vista spoilt by those poxy wind turbines, very refreshing not to see any on a recent trip to the Peak District.

I've found the best route is along the beach for the huts then back thought the woods.
This shot is along the main line close to the start near car park.
Beach huts - Holkham Bay by steve.palmer24, on Flickr

The woods are very open conifers but there are so many paths (sand) it can get confusing.

Another vista spoilt by those poxy wind turbines, very refreshing not to see any on a recent trip to the Peak District.

They are there, you're just looking in the wrong places. They sneak them in overnight when no one's looking, there's quite a few on the hills around Carsington Water.

I've found the best route is along the beach for the huts then back thought the woods.
This shot is along the main line close to the start near car park. The woods are very open conifers but there are so many paths (sand) it can get confusing.

Thanks for the help Steve, really appreciated.

Just got back from a really great couple of weeks in North Norfolk. A big thank you for all the help with the different locations, really appreciated. I struggled a bit with the car parking at Wells beach as the gates didn't get opened till quite late.

Wells Beach Huts by Mike Swain, on Flickr

Nice shot - glad you enjoyed North Norfolk. Gets a bit chilly in the winter but it has it's charms.

Nice shot - glad you enjoyed North Norfolk. Gets a bit chilly in the winter but it has it's charms.

Thanks Steve, the cold weather in North Norfolk is something I have yet to experience but I look forward to it.

One of the shots I took was on Brancaster beach showing the RWNGCs clubhouse and it wasn't until I was looking on Google for the club's full title that I read about the awful storm damage they and many others suffered in 2014. Apart from losing their main machinery buildings, along with it they lost five tractors and eight ride on mowers.

Back