Welsh Whisky

Is this for a campaign or personal use?
I've had some of this and it's a nice drop.
Matt

We did the brewery tour in September, cost me a lot int he shop after. Some of my fav tipple at the moment.

So as a product shot, the seal is broken and some is missing, so there should be some in a glass next to the bottle. Also the bottom of the label is slightly damaged (see the white edge). It's the tiny details that make a good product shot.
I quite like the lighting. Natural light with a window close on the left and another to the right further away?

Looking at the later image I think the label needs to be face on.

Also the glass needs to be sharp as well, ideally with some liquid in and a fake ice cube or two to entice the viewer. I'd try shooting with a C-PL also to see how much of that reflection you can take out, such as the reflection of the glass in the bottle. I watched a tutorial before on either using the same set up lighting wise you had used but shot with a large diffuser in place close to the bottle so the catch light is softer with no details in. Also, have you thought about lighting it solely using flash so you can control all the light and hotspots?

LOL. Did you get the presentation pack with the glass :)
No, it was just an excuse to try out another lens I had purchased. I think I may have over did it, hic.

Oh and the bottle was turned on purpose :rolleyes:

No, it was just an excuse to try out another lens I had purchased. I think I may have over did it, hic.

Oh and the bottle was turned on purpose :rolleyes:

Ah - they do a presentation pack with a glass that looks just like that. IN fact heading that way tomorrow. I may have to pick up another christmas bottle :)

The glass was actually purchased from the Tullamore Distillery in Tullamore (although its not a Distillery any more, just a giant museum), after getting my hands on a few bottles of Tullamore Dew triple distilled warehouse released Whiskey, The name of which is engraved on the glass, although you can't see it. Will be over there again in the new year, as we need some more, amongst others.

I think just about every Whisk(e)y comes available in presentation packs, and from what we know, they nearly all use the same base glass, with their own name engraved.

The last pic does'nt work for me, i think i know what you were trying to achieve by lining the dragon up, but i dont like looking at the edge of the label, and becides the back label is'nt straight and the impurities of the bottle make it look worse.
Also move the glass slightly to the left so the word Myth can be seen fully through the glass at the mo you can see the slight edge of the letter M and its distracting. If you turn the bottle so the label is facing you, you can also hide the reflection of the room and you taking the pic.

Back