Went on Holiday and ended up doing a 'Wedding' !

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
well not exactly all the photos as the couple had an 'Official Filipino Snapper and video Man' BUT my Daughter was a Bridesmaid and Singer ! i used my 'gift' 2005 OLYMPUS E-500 4/3rds Digital with a 2003 LENS the 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 and available light for these 2 photos ----

Re-sized 01.JPG Re-sized 02.JPG

With "wedding" in the title you were always bound to get lots of views. It's a sad reflection on the forum that not one of those who looked could be bothered to comment. Maybe we all need to make more effort?

With regards to the photos you've posted. The first one is sadly a typical guest shot. The couple aren't looking at the camera or each other so for me it doesn't really work. Also with the different (worse) POV from the official photographer you're left with a poor background. I wonder if you could gave waited for them to look at each other and focus in tighter? The second shot is a nice record of your daughter playing her part. But i can't help thinking the focus is on something further back in the frame. And the bride's closed eyes is a shame. Times like this it's worth rattling off a few frames to make sure you've got one where everyone looks good.

honest opinion, im glad the happy couple had an official photographer or they wouldn't of been very happy im afraid im not qualified to comment on quality but I certainly would of asked for a refund

i used to do weddings on Rolleiflex and later Hasselblad cameras and couples were pleased but now it is all 'Digital' they want I no longer do Weddings ( Thank Heavens ! ) Have you ever done an IRISH Wedding ? They usually end up in a 'FIGHT' --- years ago I was 'warned ' but booked one in Catholic Church in Barking East London. When I got back with the B&W Proofs using a Penny to make a white circle on them for the number, there was a Black Maria Police Van outside and Best man was being taken out in Handcuffs and an Ambulance and Groom was out on a stretcher but when I got into the hall place was covered with broken crockery -- BUT I was 'Surrounded' by Guests who all wanted to see the Proofs and I got lots of orders !

Last edited:
Back