Weston-Super-Mare

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Some classic shots of the famous muds of Weston !!

Seriously, some lovely shots with varied composition and use of light/colour for me.

Some fantastic shots there Mark. Number 1 is beautiful but number 2 is the stand out shot for me as it's something different from your normal sunset beach shots. Number 4 is pleasing but I would have liked to have seen some detail in the bottom right, similar to the left half of the pier building. The large amount of black ( or at least what appears to be black on my monitor) is a bit distracting.
I love number 5 too. Not sure if perhaps it needed a slightly greater depth of field, but I like the concept and the B&W old school film look.

Some fantastic shots there Mark. Number 1 is beautiful but number 2 is the stand out shot for me as it's something different from your normal sunset beach shots. Number 4 is pleasing but I would have liked to have seen some detail in the bottom right, similar to the left half of the pier building. The large amount of black ( or at least what appears to be black on my monitor) is a bit distracting.
I love number 5 too. Not sure if perhaps it needed a slightly greater depth of field, but I like the concept and the B&W old school film look.

Thanks for the good constructive feedback me15 :)
I agree with No2 being my favourite shot too.
with No4 I wanted to highlight the stunning reds of the setting sky which is why I didn't lift those shadows.

Some classic shots of the famous muds of Weston !!

Seriously, some lovely shots with varied composition and use of light/colour for me.

Thank you very much lukey1965, 'varied composition and use of light/colour' - this is really what I aim for when capturing my shots, seems I'm achieving :)

I just love #6- wonderful light, great colours, lots of fore- and mid-gound interest, very nice compositional structure.

Excellent varied set and I'm loving the different colours. Number 2 is my favourite also due to the composition and the lighting and shadows. Number 6 would look great on a canvas.

Andy

I just love #6- wonderful light, great colours, lots of fore- and mid-gound interest, very nice compositional structure.

Thanks very much - this one has been very well received I must say!

Excellent varied set and I'm loving the different colours. Number 2 is my favourite also due to the composition and the lighting and shadows. Number 6 would look great on a canvas.
Andy

Thanks for the feedback - number 6 was a prize I gave away on my Facebook page today. Printed in A3 size it looked great, when I received the print I didn't want to give it away haha :)

I wouldn't have wanted t give it away either!!! Have you got a link to your Facebook page mark would like to see some of your other work.

Andy

Pretty set over all, but here's a few observations.

1...I would have put the horizon further away from the half way mark, and the heavy vignette isn't adding anything to the image.
2...The sun is blown to such an extent it resembles a nuclear bomb going of (which i know in a way it is!), but really it just makes me squint.
3...Nice composition, though I might have made the boat larger in the frame. There's a lot of noise in the sky, and the horizon is very slightly askew.
4...I like that the sun is obscured by the pier, but again the heavy vignette kills it for me.
5...This one doesn't work for me at all. Just not a fan of the "footsteps" shot, and the sky is very noisy again.
6...This one I do rather like. It looks serene. Was the sunset really that red, or is a tad tweaked? Once again though, I'd lose the vignette.

A really nice set of images Mark, #2 is the standout shot for me with great lighting and composition and well controlled exposure.(y)

#5 I like very much but do feel a little more contrast would improve it.(y)

#6 Is another very nice shot with an unusual presentation, great lighting & reflections and the two folk placed perfectly in the frame to give good composition.(y)

George.

Pretty set over all, but here's a few observations.

1...I would have put the horizon further away from the half way mark, and the heavy vignette isn't adding anything to the image.
2...The sun is blown to such an extent it resembles a nuclear bomb going of (which i know in a way it is!), but really it just makes me squint.
3...Nice composition, though I might have made the boat larger in the frame. There's a lot of noise in the sky, and the horizon is very slightly askew.
4...I like that the sun is obscured by the pier, but again the heavy vignette kills it for me.
5...This one doesn't work for me at all. Just not a fan of the "footsteps" shot, and the sky is very noisy again.
6...This one I do rather like. It looks serene. Was the sunset really that red, or is a tad tweaked? Once again though, I'd lose the vignette.

I guess I'll just have to be happy with my style of photographing and know it's not going to be everyones cuppa. Yes the sky was that red too.

A really nice set of images Mark, #2 is the standout shot for me with great lighting and composition and well controlled exposure.(y)

#5 I like very much but do feel a little more contrast would improve it.(y)

#6 Is another very nice shot with an unusual presentation, great lighting & reflections and the two folk placed perfectly in the frame to give good composition.(y)

George.

Thanks George,
I was going for an old film photo for number 5, one that might have been in the drawer for a number of years maybe. I can see that more contrast would be a nice touch though.

I guess I'll just have to be happy with my style of photographing and know it's not going to be everyones cuppa.

Style of editing, but yes, I think that's what we all should do :)

Back