WEY HEY GOT MY HERON

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive been after this fella for a while ..
went for a walk by the river this morning and guess who was there,,

waiting around.
heron01.jpg

then playing at flying ..lol
heron02.jpg

tfl
dave (y)

Great shots too :clap: Love the lighting - looks like he/she is in the spotlight.

You may have waited a long time but that's one of the best Heron shots posted on these forums Dave, You've got everything right there..:clap:

Both cracking shots, well done! :clap: lol at the second one and your caption! Was he making "flapping" and "soaring" noises?:LOL:;)

Brilliant Heron shots Dave. How did you achieve the Black background if it was sunny? Also, what lens did you use? Was it your 300mm?

Brilliant Heron shots Dave. How did you achieve the Black background if it was sunny? Also, what lens did you use? Was it your 300mm?

yes gilly B 300 with 1.4 converter .
as for the background thats the way the light was over the river.. which i liked (y)

cheers everyone else im very happy with these " for now anyway"

dave (y)

Wow, Dave - fantastic shots! Bet you're well chuffed

Excellent captures in a great setting. Very well done!

You may have waited a long time but that's one of the best Heron shots posted on these forums Dave, You've got everything right there..:clap:
(y) cheers tim that means alot
They'll do Dave ... :shrug:

Seriously good images actually imgo ... (y) ... worth waiting for ... ;)

:p
thanks
Excellent captures in a great setting. Very well done!
thanks it is very nice down by the river here
Fab shots - especially considering the focal length used.

cheers ewan i must start putting some exif on my shots

Well worth the wait (y) personally know you have been on about this shot for a while & you have made the most of your opportunity great stuff.:clap:

Perfect. Love the 2nd one

Well worth the wait (y) personally know you have been on about this shot for a while & you have made the most of your opportunity great stuff.:clap:
Cheers steve guess ill have to stop moaning now lol
Well stalked and well caught :clap:
not so much stalked this time just right place right time ,,
Perfect. Love the 2nd one

cheers mate i thought he was going to take off but he must have just had a stretch

ive got some others to go through might post later cheers guys

dave (y)

The second shot is excellent - I'm wondering what's going through the heron's mind there, it looks almost aggressive!

If you want some photos of them, Mull is an excellent place (and when you get tired of herons there are otters, sea-eagles, dolphins, puffins - you name it. Here's a heron I was taking photos of while waiting for the otters to show up

1251274632_7199a2af62_o.jpg

Moadib that's excellent. I saw lots of herons when I went to Mull but couldn't get close enough with my 300mm :(

I did get a buzzard out of the holiday cottage window though (y)

(hope you don't mind MD)

buzzard.jpg

Nice shot of the buzzard, and lucky to be so close out the window. Where about on the island where you? We stayed in Aros Mains, and could look down into the bay to see if any herons, otters, seals etc were there. Then it was a case of hopping on the bikes and we'd be there in two minutes ready to take photos. Especially the otters were amazing - I sat for two hours in the sun taking pictures of otters :)

very good there monkey boy :D

well done (y)

Back