Wild What an experience to have

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
I was very privileged to have this Golden Eagle come nice and close this week for a fly by, giving me stunning views and a fantastic experience, its hard to explain in words though so this pic tells more than i can.

Golden Eagle (wild) by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great shot and some lovely detail showing.
I sort of get what you mean although you seeing a beautiful Eagle going past this close and me seeing the Vultures (Gorge du Verdon) fly past just 20 ft above is kinda the same feeling (I Think)

"Cracking" shot, nothing more to be said.

George.

I'm not at all jealous- it's just an Eagle :)

In all seriousness this is a class image, well caught Mark

Les

I'm not at all jealous- it's just an Eagle :)

In all seriousness this is a class image, well caught Mark

Les

Les, even better it’s the resident female which was a total pain to get shots of. I went around 100km to the west and photographed a large female eagle in around 2hrs but this female took a few days.lol

Love the image Mark bit nice that;) I've never even seen a wild eagle.................. ha it's to describe what these unique wildlife moments can mean to us.

Is that a second low and right?

An absolute Belter of a frame

stu

Ok now I'm curious, where did you make this Mark, ha I sneaked another look:LOL:.

Mate I'd question whether to edit it out really would. I thought you made this up north here in blighty but a BV says otherwise. I went through that thought process too of is it a distraction, I sort of felt it added to the image as it happens. OK my ID was wrong but it sort of added to the " story" you got this wonderful moment caught and suddenly as the eye starts to wonder there is more. The other and more simple side is how can anything distract from that foreground:)

Stu, i was out at a friends hide in Spain, he will shortly be opening this up to various tour companies so you will likely see more in the coming year or so. He monotors and looks after the Black and Griffon Vultures in the area and reports all info to the Spanish government. The Golden Eagles nest in a nearby mountain and view the vultures getting excited and come to investigate. They get a half rabbit every few days and dont rely on it just the way it should be. He wont feed them more than 3 days in a week so the eagles go get natural food like small deer, small wild boar etc etc.

Mark thanks so much for the depth of reply, fantastic stuff............. cor you see some sight's mate !! not jealous at all;)!!

Back