What are using for publishing program

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
My friend has asked me, as the fella is getting on a bit and has some health issues. works on a mac computer, he writes short stories in a word program, but finds its not able to do what he wants, i have been helping with some images, but his program does not always except them even though they are a jpg or in some cases png.
He is looking for a program that can he can tell his stories and be able to enter and edit images, i was looking at this HERE for him, but would like to get some thoughts, and of course there are many free ones out there as well. Myself, Knowing nothing on macs i am hoping someone here can give some advice. Thanks.

My friend has asked me, as the fella is getting on a bit and has some health issues. works on a mac computer, he writes short stories in a word program, but finds its not able to do what he wants, i have been helping with some images, but his program does not always except them even though they are a jpg or in some cases png.

Pages that now comes free with Macs has a good reputation for small scale DTP, more so than it does as a Word processor, even if most people only use it for word processing.

If Pages isn't good enough than as Ed suggested Affinity Publisher, from what I have read, is hard to beat for the price.

Agreed with above - either Pages, which is very capable, or Affinity Publisher, which is exceptionally capable!

Word, if that is what he is using, is not...

Hi all.
Many thanks for your input. He has decided to go for Affinity Publisher, at the moment it is handling very well and appears to meet all his needs. He is a 70yr old gentleman who tells me its like going back to school. Luckily he is a quick learner. He passes his thanks to you all.

Back