What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Thank you. it was hunting right in front of me, damn thing wouldn't stay in one place for long though
I think it may have young s it was flying back and forth to the reed bed

I had noticed that the other day's I have been there pretty much the same flight path

nice photos, I always miss the Reed Warblers a case the time I have focus there gone lol. Although I have just got the software to my lens and has an option to increase the speed of it. so who knows tomorrow.

Cheers Darren, this was hunting in front of the Tern Hide all afternoon
They do move fast

Don't tell @Bobsyeruncle but I have just spent most of the afternoon watching kingfishers :p
No I didn't get any pictures, too busy trying to get the reed warbler ;)

Juvenile Moorhen

48381970552_3a12c4390f_b.jpg

GCG with dinner

48381829746_a340c02b43_b.jpg

Reed Warbler. tea for the kids

48381970867_3f3f1cafbd_b.jpg
:)
Nice shots.

Don't tell @Bobsyeruncle but I have just spent most of the afternoon watching kingfishers :p
No I didn't get any pictures, too busy trying to get the reed warbler ;)

Juvenile Moorhen

48381970552_3a12c4390f_b.jpg

GCG with dinner

48381829746_a340c02b43_b.jpg

Reed Warbler. tea for the kids

48381970867_3f3f1cafbd_b.jpg

Three very nice shots, liking all of these very much with #3 being my fav'.

George.

Female Kingfisher on the River Calder at Whalley, pity her favourite perches are so far away...

kingfisher-1133.jpg

kingfisher-1144.jpg

kingfisher-1163.jpg

Lovely set of images, of one of my favorite birds, but unfortunately I've never seen one in the flesh.

George.

Last edited:
Female RB and another very nice shot :)

Thanks, I'm really enjoying photographing the little birds, quite lucky to live where I do as really accessible, this is just where I walk the dog.

Just a Jay from today, alas I was sat in the footwell of the car and didn't dare stand up.....

jay-2487.jpg

jay-2490.jpg

They don't normally sit out in the open like this and it was there for a good few minutes.

Back