What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

At his size that's some balancing trick! :D

Treecreeper
From today in the woods.

MG_5758.jpg

MG_5761.jpg

Last week, i saw my 1st male Black Cap in the garden this Winter! Havent seen it since though, i guess he was just passing through?

Tip - If you want to encourage Black Caps into your garden (and like me, you havent got any Apple trees) then hammer some nails into the top of your fence, cut apples in halves/quarters, then push the apple segments onto the long nails...its worked for me in the past ;)

My problem is, the bloody Squirrels(2 of them) keep stealing the apple chunks off the nails!!!

Dropped in on my local Church yard after work recently, saw this Female Kestrel perched up high in the low winter sun.
Large crop, only had my Panasonic FZ150 bridge camera with me! Full zoom, with a 1.5 Nikon teleconverter used.

Cheers Paul.

Female Kestrel. 11th-Feb-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Last week, i saw my 1st male Black Cap in the garden this Winter! Havent seen it since though, i guess he was just passing through?

Tip - If you want to encourage Black Caps into your garden (and like me, you havent got any Apple trees) then hammer some nails into the top of your fence, cut apples in halves/quarters, then push the apple segments onto the long nails...its worked for me in the past ;)

My problem is, the bloody Squirrels(2 of them) keep stealing the apple chunks off the nails!!!

Dropped in on my local Church yard after work recently, saw this Female Kestrel perched up high in the low winter sun.
Large crop, only had my Panasonic FZ150 bridge camera with me! Full zoom, with a 1.5 Nikon teleconverter used.

Cheers Paul.

Female Kestrel. 11th-Feb-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Thank you very much for the tip to attract Blackcaps.

Will definitely give it a try.

Lovely Kestrel btw (y)

Blackcaps also love mealworms, especially now approaching the breeding season :)

Have been out in the garden for the last couple of hours (work can wait 'til tomorrow!) and tried some bird shots using aperture priority, as have seen a lot of blogs saying that it's better for the changing light conditions.

On my D600 I usually use manual mode but with auto-iso. I thought it seemed time consuming having to constantly change the iso to keep my SS up high enough.

Jury is still out on that one :)

But, anyway, put the bin out at the end of the driveway and there was a female Blackcap on the hedge eating the berries, accompanied by a couple of House Sparrows.

Going to put some apple and mealworms near the hedge ;)

Thank you very much for the tip to attract Blackcaps.

Will definitely give it a try.

Lovely Kestrel btw (y)

No problems about the Black Cap tip, its worked for me in the past.

My local Church is a great place for Kestrels, Ive seen up to 3 on the church roof together. Ive also seen 9 Buzzards in the air at once, a Peregrine, and a Red Kite flyover.

Have been out in the garden for the last couple of hours (work can wait 'til tomorrow!) and tried some bird shots using aperture priority, as have seen a lot of blogs saying that it's better for the changing light conditions.

On my D600 I usually use manual mode but with auto-iso. I thought it seemed time consuming having to constantly change the iso to keep my SS up high enough.

Jury is still out on that one :)

But, anyway, put the bin out at the end of the driveway and there was a female Blackcap on the hedge eating the berries, accompanied by a couple of House Sparrows.

Going to put some apple and mealworms near the hedge ;)

Good news about the female Black Cap, lets hope she stays in the area, and you get to capture some images of her.

No problems about the Black Cap tip, its worked for me in the past.

My local Church is a great place for Kestrels, Ive seen up to 3 on the church roof together. Ive also seen 9 Buzzards in the air at once, a Peregrine, and a Red Kite flyover.

Good news about the female Black Cap, lets hope she stays in the area, and you get to capture some images of her.

Thank you, the apple pieces are going up in the morning! ;)

Goldfinch… I am sure you could bring out the colours and tones in this take

Dancing Maggie… this is a funny treat!

Very early it was…
no spectacular bird but I like to think a happy one!

B9576%20EDpp.jpg

B9597%20EDpp.jpg

Thank you, gramps:)! The problem is, the little b****r won't stay still:D!

Back