What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Love these little birds Michalene, I've been watching an adult and youngster catching flies this morning :)[/QUOT

they are cute little things - hard to catch still (well i find it anyway) If you just get that wee bit too close they are off!

Nice Gary! I'm finding a lack of birds around just now for some reason.
I think they go into hiding because of the moult. If I go seagull watching there are hundreds of people everywhere on the beach and there is so much growth on the trees and the gardens the are supposed to be full of flowers, weeds in mine, so your right all in all the birds are hard to see.

Loads of birds in my garden.. I just never thought to photo them before.. was raining the other day and was about to photo something else and grabbed these.... bog standard I guess but new for me :)

bird.jpg

bird2.jpg

Jackdaws and Meganser from yesterdays outing:

These two I have not seen yet at the march
the Merganser is so cute! (y)(y)(y)

How's the WB set on your camera?

Jackdawspp.jpg

Loads of birds in my garden.. I just never thought to photo them before.. was raining the other day and was about to photo something else and grabbed these.... bog standard I guess but new for me :)

bird.jpg

bird2.jpg

Dunnock and Great Tit ... but wait no ball or referee! :thinking:

:D

Using my combo of crop sensor camera, lens FD set at 600mm and a 1.4 TC, plus a crop in PS…

Is this an excuse, a justification, Gary?

Kingfisher at Slimbridge on Sunday:

1. 5D4_2021 by Good Lux Photos, on Flickr

2. 5D4_2036 by Good Lux Photos, on Flickr

3. 5D4_2104 by Good Lux Photos, on Flickr

4. 5D4_2133 by Good Lux Photos, on Flickr

Well done, it's not easy there ... having now released the windows there is the high reedbed to cope with as well as the awful light.
I took a few shots yesterday and then to add to it the wardens came and started banging in metal stakes or something and frightening everything away! :(

Well done, it's not easy there ... having now released the windows there is the high reedbed to cope with as well as the awful light.
I took a few shots yesterday and then to add to it the wardens came and started banging in metal stakes or something and frightening everything away! :(

Thanks Gramps, it was cloudy and raining on Sunday and that probably helped with the light. I was at max reach with 600 + 2xTC and remote release to make slow shutter feasible.

Is this an excuse, a justification, Gary?
Neither Daniel, it is the trade off with using a TC on a 600mm lens, sharpness or getting closer.
If you look on Flickr with this image I believe it is sharper than is shown on the forum.

Last edited:
Saw a heron today - think it was a younger one - not my usual one as smaller plus it didn't seem sure what it was doing!

took off from the water and landed here in someone's garden!
heronhouse.jpg

heronhouse2.jpg

then took off again and I though it was going to the other building but turned and into the trees

heronhouse5.jpg

Back