What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

My wife keeps her horse at a small yard in a quiet corner of rural Warwickshire and sees all sorts of wildlife. I don't get the chance to visit all that much (usually have the kids in tow when i do) but hoping to get out more this spring summer as there are Hares and little Owls amongst others. In the 'others' category is a visiting Barn Owl that hunts in the fields next door on a semi regular basis. Luckily i managed to get to spend some time in his company last night. To say i'm a happy man is an understatement!

Barn Owl by Ian Taylor, on Flickr

No photos but back from a stroll around south cerney lakes. So many robins, the unusual thing was to see a stork? (white heron?) fishing in the shallows of the river thames. Also saw rabbits and a fox

saw this on my drive home from work this afternoon....

To the glory of your buzzard, Robert :)

Buzzard.jpg

Last edited:
Been away from the thread for awhile, but its great to see the amazing selection still being posted, great stuff guys (y)

Just a little Red wing from me.

RW.jpg

I lived the first couple of years of my life opposite a pub called the Redwing!

Not the greatest image to grace these forums but got a quick grab of one of my favourite little birds. Seems to be hundreds of these singing their hearts out today. Good to see the other birds foraging in the hedgerows too. Spring, bring it on.

IMGL0569.jpg

I think it's the first time I've seen oystercatchers. It's certainly the first time I've shot them.

In the lion enclosure at Yorkshire Wildlife Park of all places!

They are great worm catchers :)

Back