What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Last year we had a pair of Blackcaps in the garden and they chased off every bird from every feeder (we had 6 feeders up!), the only ones brave enough to stand up to them were the Goldfinches.

First one I have seen since we moved to this area 2 years ago, I had to look it up to check what it was:

Plump Black Cap by K G, on Flickr

Black Cap Feeding by K G, on Flickr

Belated thanks for all those "likes" from 6 days ago. I must be doing something right!!

Howard

one from the weekend.
I know it's technically a crap shot, but I love it. It makes me smile.....

Robin.... by robert shearer, on Flickr

Love it :) I've tried capturing my regular Robin in flight, or at least taking off/landing many times, they are so skittish and rapid, you either rattle off 100 frames in the hopes of getting one bang on or have the timing of the Gods!

A bit of video from the bedroom window of my feeders earlier. Siskin are currently gracing the feeders, first time in the garden in just over 10 years of living here.

View: https://youtu.be/NeDkKzyijdY

pigeon by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

siskin 2 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Bullfinch too [start of your vid] , lucky! Cannot get them to come into mine, I've spotted a couple hiding in the hedge back of the garden, but they're very shy about going anywhere near the garden.

Bullfinch too [start of your vid] , lucky! Cannot get them to come into mine, I've spotted a couple hiding in the hedge back of the garden, but they're very shy about going anywhere near the garden.

Quite lucky with the bullfinch, last year I had up to 4 pairs visiting, so far currently 3 pairs. They love (as do all the birds in my garden) the sunflower hearts. Great spotted Woodpecker visited briefly the other day,

Just got in from rescuing a Tawny Owl from the local pond, that was entangled in some fishing line up in an oak tree. Damaged wing but he/she's now with the wildlife rescue centre :)

Well done Wez, I doff my cap to you :)

Back