What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Do you think he saw me?

045.jpg

Just stay casual and walk on by

046.jpg

Tough!
I'm guessing a juvenile Wheatear but outside my comfort zone with this one.
Having just seen @den sedge warbler I’m thinking this might be a juvenile Sedge Warbler?

Last edited:
Lovely capture Phil - nice to see with prey

Thanks Russ, both male and female out hunting, this is the female

you were a long way from home after sunset, mate!

The beauty of having a campervan Russ, we had a couple of days over there.

I've never seen it as busy though, ever. By early Sunday afternoon, there wasn't a parking space left on the headland and that's a big overflow field next to the main carpark, just glad we know one or two spots to sit away from the crowds ;)

And, apparently, RSPB Bempton was that full, they were turning cars away in the village to stop grid lock up at the reserve. Even Saturday evening was busier than expected ........think next time we go I'll pick a weekend where the weather isn't so sunny!

- I'm looking forward to more shots then, Phil :)

Russ

Don't hold ya breath Russ it wasn't a very productive weekend for photography :)

Another day another visit from the Sparrowhawk, he usually buzzers the feeders then chills out in my tree but today was a little different.

Unfortunately I had to take these through the kitchen window so they're not the best, shame he didn't pick the top pool :( maybe next time.

sparrowhawk-2.jpg

sparrowhawk-3.jpg

sparrowhawk-4.jpg

All clean

sparrowhawk-5.jpg

sparrowhawk-6.jpg

Last edited:
I see he's molting out nicely, going from baby brown feathers to a slate grey adult coat (y)
Well captured Darren (y)

and at that time I wasn't sure of the sex,
The girls wear the "trousers" they have feathers best part of the way down their legs,
Musket legs are no more than matchsticks and they are about half the size.
Males weigh in about 4-5oz females easy double that.

I was waiting for it to either turn grey or have a growth spurt :ROFLMAO:

As it comes in most days I'm trying to convince the wife I need an Alan Mcfadyen Mad Max set up but she's not having it.

Not great shots, but my closest encounter yet with a Kingfisher........06.00 hrs and the mist was still rising from the lake, so shot at 1/40th.

I now have the hide set up and hoping to get some 'daylight' shots in the next few days

DSC_8107 by Glynn Hobbs, on Flickr

DSC_8048 by Glynn Hobbs, on Flickr

DSC_8122 by Glynn Hobbs, on Flickr

Back