What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Visit to Slimbridge yesterday. I haven't been there for too long.................

This male ruff hasn't fully moulted out of his breeding finery. It's unbelievable just how fast their beaks move!

Ruff by Jan, on Flickr

Grren sandpiper. A bit of a long range record shot but I liked the reflection.

Green sandpiper by Jan, on Flickr

Snipe. It's not often I get to see one of these right out in the open. Another long range shot but I was chuffed just to see this one. There were several around, but the others were as usual blending into the earth an inch from cover.

Snipe by Jan, on Flickr

Nice selection and good shots Jan

Visit to Slimbridge yesterday. I haven't been there for too long.................

This male ruff hasn't fully moulted out of his breeding finery. It's unbelievable just how fast their beaks move!

Ruff by Jan, on Flickr

Grren sandpiper. A bit of a long range record shot but I liked the reflection.

Green sandpiper by Jan, on Flickr

Snipe. It's not often I get to see one of these right out in the open. Another long range shot but I was chuffed just to see this one. There were several around, but the others were as usual blending into the earth an inch from cover.

Snipe by Jan, on Flickr

Well done on getting the Snipe Jan ... a lovely corner that with the reflections :)

A pigeon!

Unpacked a new toy today and this was the first press of the shutter:

16149-1470936219-43f25071df6088a715973d5825b1781b.jpg

Had fun watching this guy,could have got the exposure better though,its great how they drop them then catch them again the right way round,well he did it so many times i guess that was the reason.

P1060799.jpg

Spot on. Superb shot, were you by a pond, lake or someother water. These birds just love skimping over water for insects.

Thanks,its sluice gates that lead out on to the river Humber,there is a path and cycle track over them,so loads of water and they are used to people watching them.the Egret was taken in the drain the gates control.

Just behaviour shots.

The LTT's usually only visit me in larger numbers between October > March. Early this morning, counted at least twelve on the different feeders and perches, there may have been more. I may have posted similar a few weeks back?:eek:

Are they telling us something with the weather?

Long Tail Tits in early morning rain. by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Long Tail Tit in early morning rain. by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Very nice but i feel your being a tad greedy :D

Very nice but i feel your being a tad greedy :D

I know;)

The most I have counted has been sixteen LTT's, but there usually some Blue and Great Tits in the flock, so the numbers are probably over twenty. I can't keep up with them when there's so many.:D

A Barn Swallow, two minutes out of the nest and very unsure but parents are very busy this morning feeing them. The berries are getting less and less, a lot of them on the ground.
Barn Swallow just out of the nest.jpg The berries going less and less.jpg

I was at WWT Martin Mere today so lots of opportunities to see all sorts of birds... I did like this one of an Hawaiian Nene Goose, if I remember correctly the prevention of these geese going extinct was the reason why the WWT was formed. So obviously a captive bird and so used to people I had them eating seeds from my hand. I always enjoy going here, mostly because you get to see lots of birds you'd never mormally see - only really up close.... except for the Lapwings, I've yet to manage a decent close up of one..... or the Kingfishers which I've never seen.

hawaiian-nene-goose-0972.jpg

Red kite catching the breeze over South Landing, Flamborough. It took us completely by surprise and the first couple of shots I clipped its wings and had to come down to 240mm to get it all in shot!

Red kite.jpg

Back