What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Full of faults starting with under exposure but i dont care its a Tree Creeper and i dont see many and get chance of images of even less.

Don't think I have seen one yet this year!

A friendly swan, taken when I visited l'isle sur la sorgue in France during my holidays.

13963044_10154663264447638_7365509142731495002_o.jpg
14067769_10154663264377638_8153588440076699584_o.jpg

Last edited:
I like the negative space in this instance :)

Sometimes rules are for breaking and you got it right in this one.

I remember reading once that top professional photographers push the boundaries of composition, the rest of us when we do it just get it wrong. :D

I was in a bird hide for a few minutes today when I heard a bit of commotion. The first shows what I think is a Sparrowhawk chasing away a magpie (directly below it) and then keep ing an eye on a Jay a few minutes later. Would a Sparrowhawk have a nest in such a place?

Spotted Flycatcher 2016.jpg Take off Spotted Flycatcher 22nd Aug 2016.jpg Had a real nice surprise whilst bird watching a young Spotted Flycatcher was perched on a bt pole and the wire. The flight one was an extra shot that I didn't know that I had taken, therfor the tight crop. The head photo is an insect in its beak.

Last edited:
Sometimes at Yorkshire Wildlife Park, when the captive critters are all dozing, it's worth keeping an eye out for the wild, wildlife. This is one of a pair of fledglings that hangs about with the Polar Bears, just after being bullied by a Magpie

I've dreamt of this shot for 18 months, a Long-eared Owl coming onto land on a post,........... tonight I had my chance...........and blow it!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::dummy:....Never mind, the light was poor anyway, next time it might be sunny! :D

FAIL.jpg

At least I can hit focus once its stopped :facepalm: :LOL:

View attachment 72067
You've done very well there, working with low light is dreadful. Catch the sky and its different settings and then drift down and have the countryside as the background and the settings immediately change and there's no time to do it. Its a great photo of the Owl. Thanks for sharing.

One from this morning, not sure if it's me or not, but the shot appears to have a slight tinge of blue about the bird, I corrected it as I thought, but now I've posted it I'm still not sure :)

Do you mean the feathers underneath?

Do you mean the feathers underneath?
Yes Tom mainly around the head area just a faint tinge of blue, it might be the angle of my screen or something daft :)

I kinda see it but I wouldn't notice it if you hadn't pointed it out.

Probably just the angle of the dangle with the light, lol

Practicing my BIF with mirrorless and got this,i panicked for a moment until i took another and it was OK,so distant birds or close fly's

P1070461.jpg

Back