What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Wagtail outside work today, but alas the camera was in the boot! He's quite a tame little thing really!

I've still to capture a Magpie with the camera but boy I hope I get all the colours.

Makes you wonder just what birds see, with all that type of iridescent colouring.

Just after the sun set last evening I saw in the distance a flock of Oystercatchers, at one time they were in formation. Flying over Morfa Nefyn.
A flock of Oystercatchers 25th Aug 2016 by shirleyr2009, on Flickr

Morning Shirley

if you just reduce the noise and lighten the image it may look better - plus to improve even more if you paint around each bird just to smooth the edges if will help with definition

I've just reduced the noise and lightened the image - 5 secs work - a few artefacts introduced so a little longer need to improve further

shirley.jpg

Morning Shirley

if you just reduce the noise and lighten the image it may look better - plus to improve even more if you paint around each bird just to smooth the edges if will help with definition

I've just reduced the noise and lightened the image - 5 secs work - a few artefacts introduced so a little longer need to improve further

shirley.jpg
What you do to reduced the nosie, thanks.

What you do to reduced the nosie, thanks.

what computer "programme" do you use to process your images Shirley

Normally in the processing software that comes with the camera, or some free software, or Lightroom or Photoshop there is a slider for noise reduction

what computer "programme" do you use to process your images Shirley

Normally in the processing software that comes with the camera, or some free software, or Lightroom or Photoshop there is a slider for noise reduction
I use Corel Paintshop Pro X6, I've found the slider for noise reduction.

I use Corel Paintshop Pro X6, I've found the slider for noise reduction.

It is just a matter of "playing around" with the basic adjustment sliders to see what they do and then applying that to your image .. ask on here many will give advice if you want to know more

I use PSP X6 as well. I select out what I don't want to NR and use one setting (I think it's 32 on all the boxes but I'm not near the computer I have it installed on to check) for all my images. As Bill says it's just playing to see what works best. My computer is so old that altering the settings takes for ever, hence one standard setting. Probably not the best way to do it!

One scruffy looking Buzzard! Red Kite :)

Last edited:
Mutual Preening..

If birds aren't eating , they're usually preening their feathers, which got me thinking about those feathers they can't reach - seems you enlist the aid of a friend..

They look like they're both enjoying this, I guess it must be something like and itch you can't scratch...

White fronted Whistling Ducks at Martin Mere.

preening-ducks-2124.jpg

preening-ducks-2126.jpg

Last edited:
Back