What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Today's weather

but ISO 100

today.jpg

As some of you know who follow this thread, I like posting pics of LTT's who visit the garden on a daily basis.....Anyway, I have noticed one from the group has a short tail and this week I have managed to get a couple of snaps of him, although none direct of the rear.

Could this be a junior or is it deformed..........any thoughts?

Some pics.

DSC_7766 by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

DSC_7764 by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

DSC_7762 by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

I'm in another neck of the woods, Colombia so it's great to see all your British birds.

From Friday's owl hunt..........when I grow up I want to be a Buzzard :)

Heavy crop

Buzzard and crow.jpg

Buzzard

Been trying to follow this one since I first saw it as a youngster on 7th December - seems to have set up a territory around us - I think the second image is the same bird, taken yesterday - has a regular flight pattern around the place but will now not let me get anywhere near - sees me coming miles off

7th December - a lucky shot - striking looking bird

Buzzard_7th_Dec.jpg

Taken yesterday - 9th Jan - obviously a large crop
Buzzard_9th_Jan.jpg

Last edited:
It rained overnight

view from our bedroom window ........looking out over the valley ...... we live two thirds of the way up a hillside

something will usually appear, bird wise - usually does

Rain.jpg

I would clone out the wires Bill!

:coat:

Not much doing today sadly ... tried the D7200 in 1.3 crop mode with the 500 f4 and 1.7 converter (equiv 1650mm).

ISO between 1600 and 4000.

Cormorant.jpg

Goose-breath

Greylag2.jpg

Heron in waiting

Heron.jpg

Mandarin Duck

Mandarin.jpg

Great ... keep trying Phil, I would love to get the opportunity :)

Just about to wash some dishes and noticed a large bird go into our hedge, the camera was on my tripod but the bird was obscured by my rotary line and perch, managed to get the camera of tripod and the bird landed on my fence. So excited forgot to adjust the EC and was shooting into bright light, so photos didn't come out as hoped. Managed six photos.

Anyway, managed to have a play around with the sliders and managed to get something out of them to add to my list.

Male Sparrowhawk I believe?

What the camera seen.

DSC_8062 by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

After a play with sliders in LR

DSC_8061 by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Almost

DSC_8065 by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

We have a Robin who seems to live in one of our trees. The bird is very shy and off it goes if it sees me or the camera and I have been trying for nearly a year to get a half decent perched shot, as it's always on the ground picking up the scraps from the feeders. Couple of days ago it decided to land on one of my perches, so managed a couple of photos.

They're supposed to be timid birds, but this has been a challenge for me:D

Robin in the rain. by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

A very nice looking example of one. I'm well impressed by what you managed to bring out of the silhouette.

Thanks Jan, it amazes me sometimes what you can recover from the data on the D750, it compensates for my usual user error.:D

An absolutely beautiful morning here today, to try and wean mysefl off the SEO addiction, went for a walk with the missus, took mi camera and hardly owt about ....I'm no birder but found the lack off birds a bit strange :confused:

Then I saw these two and realised why.......they were on look-out! :D

As well as the two Jackdaws?? an obliging robin, GSW but only a glimps, a flock of Fieldfare (wish I could have got a lot closer :banghead:) and a Buzzard eyeing up a flock of Lapwing

Crows Nest.jpg

Robin.jpg

Fieldfare.jpg

Dinner Time!.jpg

In the spotlight

D7200 + 300mm f2.8 + TC20Elll thru the window ...... therefore 840mm
ISO 160 @ f5.6
Spotlight.jpg

Last edited:
Back