What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

One from me from earlier below.

This turned out to be a bit of a test shot to see how much I can push the files from my D810.

Briefly, this image was (not deliberately) under exposed by quite a lot and what is given below has been processed in PS with the exposure increased by 3.15 stops. It is also a massive crop. In short, it is not a good image but I am quite happy with this given the state of the original.

_DSC2187 by gazzer48, on Flickr

Last edited:
To quickly add to my post above, and to illustrate how much can be recovered from a really badly exposed photo, another coal tit shot below:

_DSC2191b by gazzer48, on Flickr

This was adjusted in PS to give:

_DSC2191 by gazzer48, on Flickr

Given that I normally manually expose when shooting wildlife, it is good to know that it is not imperative to get the exposure spot-on with this camera. Very pleased with this result !

Last edited:
Oystercatcher. Don't know if I like the composition, one minute I do, the next it seems weird...
Doesn't work for me sorry ...

The D850/500f4 seem an astonishingly good combination in your hands. The grebe in particular is a fantastic image. The others are not exactly shabby I might add ! Congrats on getting these.

@gary43 - Much appreciated. A friend of mine has me hooked on Jays, such fascinating birds who show lots of personality.

Back