What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

We've had a few Ring ouzel local last couple of weeks but they're flighty and at times, very elusive!

Heavy crop but its about the best view I've had

Ring Ouzel 2 (1) cropped.jpg

And a Long-eared out hunting

leo.jpg

Last edited:
A rather grumpy looking Nene Goose gosling at WWT Martin Mere

grumpy-gosling-6806.jpg

Skylark

Skylark.jpg 1024.jpg

Lovely to see the first Lapwing chicks of the year

Lapwing chick 1024.jpg

And a nightmare to get owt decent, drumming Snipe, heavy crop

Drumming Snipe 1024.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
What was I thinking? taking a Corvid against a very grey dark sky
epic fail!

002.jpg

At least these two are a bit more colourful

019.jpg

Out for a walk today, just seeing what is about and got a whitethroat, a bit gutted about the oof twig in front of it though.

Edit, :- quite possibly a reed warbler. Jury's out.

tp.jpg

Last edited:
I was there Thursday last week and no sign of chicks. I've been watching the nest for a while now and nothing, until today. The parents are not letting them out onto open water just yet so I'm guessing this might be a very recent hatch, as in 48 hours at most.

tp.jpg

Went to check out a Barn Owl nest site yesterday evening and found these little beauties, 5 Raven chicks

Photographed from a safe distance and minimal disturbance, so a heavy crop

Raven chicks.jpg

Our neighbour has friends from somewhere in central England living with her for a few days.
The guy is a keen birder so, armed with only binoculars, I took him on a wee wander along the river at the back of our house.
It was an exceptional walk and although there is usually lots to see, yesterday was extra special and we chalked up quite a list.
Here goes.

Mute Swans, Mallards, Kingfisher, Dipper, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Coal Tit, Wren, Grey Wagtail, Rook, Carrion Crow, Hooded Crow, Jackdaw, Buzzard, Robin, Dunnock, Blackbird, Song Thrush, Goosander, Black Headed Gull, Blackcap, Chaffinch, Grey Heron.
Although not a bird, we also spotted an Otter feeding.

Back