What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Dunnock foraging for seeds knocked of the feeding tables

dunnock-7503.jpg

Loving the Song Thrush image, Bob...these Sony lenses really are up there with the best.

With all this rain we are having it looks like the birds are cleaning up, Roger...bet the worm population has taken a right hammering.

Good set by the way.

More BIF practice in the wind yesterday. My keeper rate is creeping up, but it's taking a while! It was nearly too windy for it; I had to put my left eye to the viewfinder, rather than my usual right eye, to shelter behind the camera so I wasn't tearing up! Anyway, I got a few shots I liked but I think this Fulmar is the best of the bunch.

Fulmar by Luke Case, on Flickr

More BIF practice in the wind yesterday. My keeper rate is creeping up, but it's taking a while! It was nearly too windy for it; I had to put my left eye to the viewfinder, rather than my usual right eye, to shelter behind the camera so I wasn't tearing up! Anyway, I got a few shots I liked but I think this Fulmar is the best of the bunch.

Fulmar by Luke Case, on Flickr

Nice Fulmer flight shot ... when I try they almost always duck down close to the cliff face! :)

Nice Fulmer flight shot ... when I try they almost always duck down close to the cliff face! :)
These guys were doing laps around the inside of a narrow cove. They seem to be much more prevalent when the weather is bad, and it appears as though they're sheltering on the cliffs but don't seem to like sitting still too long. They didn't seem to mind me looking down on them, but interestingly in all the shots from this close position the birds seem to be keeping an eye on me.

Only been out a few times since Christmas, a few from the last few days.

DSC_3835.jpg

DSC_3838.jpg

DSC_3871.jpg

DSC_3735.jpg

Only saw three birds close enough to photograph today - all in the one location, but they were all nice to take pictures of. All photographed with Canon 1dx and 400mm f2.8 Mkii - Little egret with x2 iii extender and other two with x1.4 iii teleconverter

Little egret
by David Young, on Flickr

Grey heron

Female kingfisher

Last edited:
I put up a feeder in my garder 3 days ago , Not a sniff No birds at all ?

Back