What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Goldfinch on the River bank

2ZMH4ES.jpg

Little Jewels ... Starlings :)
Starlings, eh? Thanks. I'll remember that.

I was driving through some farmland and I bet there were 5,000 of them in a field and structures around that field. I stayed close to the car and they didn't seem to mind me much when I was there, but the group would stay 40-50 meters away. If I tried moving closer, they'd back up to maintain that distance. I finally spooked them and, whoosh, gone. All of them. Empty field after that. That's what that last shot was from. Autofocus didn't know what to do with them.

Here are my favorites from that session.

web-9170-2.jpg
web-9398.jpg

Starlings, eh? Thanks. I'll remember that.

I was driving through some farmland and I bet there were 5,000 of them in a field and structures around that field. I stayed close to the car and they didn't seem to mind me much when I was there, but the group would stay 40-50 meters away. If I tried moving closer, they'd back up to maintain that distance. I finally spooked them and, whoosh, gone. All of them. Empty field after that. That's what that last shot was from. Autofocus didn't know what to do with them.

Here are my favorites from that session.

View attachment 300310
View attachment 300311

For just about the first time ever - I spotted a Kestrel on a telegraph wire - there was a convenient stopping place for the car - the bird actually allowed me to shoot a few images - I put the camera down for a second, and it flew off - missed it!

Sony A7R iv and FE 200-600mm

Kestrel.jpg by Malcolm Fisher, on Flickr

Nice selection, especially in the snow ... maybe a tad over-sharpened?
Yes I think you are correct, looked ok till I reduced the size for the forum.

Back