What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Hard to tell, but it looks like a Pied Wagtail to me . . .

That was my initial thought too, but I thought it was too big. I'm sure you're right though now that I've studied it a bit.

Thanks for that I know it isn't a good picture, only got a quick opportunity. The dog scared it away with his bell ringing. Saw a huge amount of chaffinches today which is a rarity around here, normally blue, great tits and goldfinches.

Reactions: Sky
Great to be back on the Long-eared owls this evening.

Even better to see this male out hunting, wooing his mate with gifts of Field voles.......lets just hope she not too hard to please! :)

LEO 3.jpg

LEO 2.jpg

Oh Yes!(y)

Love your shots of the owl, looks like it has spotted you(y)

Ciffchaff, forgotten how evasive they are
51084308352_658cda6524_o.jpg

Kestrel took one look at the camera and left (those black spots are flies)
50999287809_d7949767a5_o.jpg

Last edited:
Ciffchaff, forgotten how evasive they are

Well captured Ingrid. There are lots of Chiffchaffs around where I live and I've been chasing their sound for about eight years. I've yet to even see one, let alone get a picture of one. :(

Well captured Ingrid. There are lots of Chiffchaffs around where I live and I've been chasing their sound for about eight years. I've yet to even see one, let alone get a picture of one. :(

Thanks Trevor, this one was hopping around in front of me, never stopping in one place for long
hence calling it elusive :rolleyes:

Reactions: Sky
Super shot @Phil-D (y)
I have never even seen one, but it looks magnificent

Many thanks Alan, I don't see many and usually just a dot in the scope.

The crop's fairly heavy even at 700mm but its the closest I've ever been to one, a very smart looking bird, cheers

Last edited:
Back