What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Where was this Sea Eagle shot IOW ?
Indeed it was after weeks of observing from a distance ( 1Km) I am thinking the storm and heavy winds forced him to hunt further afield and therefore closer to me !

Shelduck in full flight

ZGUh2oY.jpg

Not my best work, however, to get 6 Buzzards in one shot was very pleasing, even with all the heat haze and moody light as rain came in... will try this location again!

M 6 BUZZARDS.jpg

Now that a bird I personally have never seen

It's actually the first bird I ever photographed. I had just moved to Spain (2008) and took up photography as a hobby, I was sitting on the patio and this landed on the ground a fair way away. I had only just got the camera and a cheap 80-320mm zoom and when I saw it I just went into a total panic as I had no idea what I was doing really.

Looks like total mush now, I cropped and processed it to death and if I remember correctly it was a 10MP sensor

Hoopoe 2
by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr

Swallows on the wing yesterday evening.

I keep practicing these but they're either too close and I can't keep them in frame or heavy crops, these are the latter :rolleyes:

swallow 1.jpg

swallow 2.jpg

I like No2

I think this is a Rock Pipit, but not sure

I would agree Susie. Pipits can be like gulls, a bit of a nightmare but the dark legs, heavy bill and grey'ish colouring would suggest Rock pipit

Fledling Starling keeping it's head down among the ferns.

Lovely detail Darren, looks great surrounded by the greenery (y).....you sure its not a fledged Blackbird :thinking:

Not sure what this is tbh obviously a young bird. Can anybody ID for me pls??

Attachments

• IMG_20210516_171758.jpg
    IMG_20210516_171758.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210516_171754.jpg
    IMG_20210516_171754.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back