What do you think to these?

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
So over the last year I’ve gotten better at photography as a whole, and what other people can see you can’t and until it’s pointed out you can never seem to see it, so I have a couple of photos from recent and would like to know your opinion on them and what would you change?

Now the first one I do like warm colours, but on my monitor they didn’t look too warm and on my iPhone 11 it looks warmer, what would you change if anything?

Second one was more of a fun one as the background is mega busy so I can’t really do much there, same again, what would you change if anything?

thanks for any help.
Nick

Attachments

• 1FBB93D8-8C57-48C1-ADDB-DE104C0EEA66.jpeg
    1FBB93D8-8C57-48C1-ADDB-DE104C0EEA66.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 48
  • AC35CB91-B8F1-4101-A4DD-7BCF293B33C5.jpeg
    AC35CB91-B8F1-4101-A4DD-7BCF293B33C5.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 49
The Nuthatch doesn't look too warm on my monitor, rather the colours compliment the bird well ... the LTT is both 'crowded' and a bit soft/OOF so very little you could do with it really. Ideally get in closer (or crop further) to reduce the messy background (unless the natural surroundings compliment the bird, unlike here) and of course try to get a nice, well-focused image.
Having said that, bird photography is often a very low percentage of keepers and a very high percentage for the bin! :)

The nuthatch is a little warm, personally I'd have had it a little cooler, but its certainly not hit the levels of being un-natural. A nice clean shot, getting the bird a bit more on eye level rather than shooting upwards would have helped, not sure if that wa possible on this occasion.

The LTT is a classic case of photographer v birder.

The Photographers will prefer it if there were less clutter, and the head was not down into shadow.

The more 'birder' oriented will probably think its a lovely behavioural shot in nice natural settings.

There is no right or wrong in this case, just personal preference

Either way, you should be happy with these

Mike

The Nuthatch doesn't look too warm on my monitor, rather the colours compliment the bird well ... the LTT is both 'crowded' and a bit soft/OOF so very little you could do with it really. Ideally get in closer (or crop further) to reduce the messy background (unless the natural surroundings compliment the bird, unlike here) and of course try to get a nice, well-focused image.
Having said that, bird photography is often a very low percentage of keepers and a very high percentage for the bin! :)
Yeah I mean it was more of a fun photo as he’s eating from his claw which I found it to be very cute, I have more of a serious LLT shot I’ll upload to here a little later on and Maybe give you opinion on that one?

Thanks for the help

The nuthatch is a little warm, personally I'd have had it a little cooler, but its certainly not hit the levels of being un-natural. A nice clean shot, getting the bird a bit more on eye level rather than shooting upwards would have helped, not sure if that wa possible on this occasion.

The LTT is a classic case of photographer v birder.

The Photographers will prefer it if there were less clutter, and the head was not down into shadow.

The more 'birder' oriented will probably think its a lovely behavioural shot in nice natural settings.

There is no right or wrong in this case, just personal preference

Either way, you should be happy with these

Mike

thanks for the feedback mike, I find this strange but the nuthatch was actually that little bit lower than me! Haha, I enjoy adding warmth to photos so as long as it doesn’t look unatural I’m happy with that! But maybe I will tone it down on the warmth next time.

and your correct with the LLT, it was more for the birders than photographers I guess. I’ll upload a more serious LLT here later on if you fancy taking a look and giving any feedback? :)

thanks a lot
Nick

Bit warm for me too on the Nuthatch , I am not a big fan of warm looking photos , though it suits some . It`s a good pic over all though .

Bit warm for me too on the Nuthatch , I am not a big fan of warm looking photos , though it suits some . It`s a good pic over all though .

Thanks for the feedback, I may have over warned the photo more than I usually do! I shall try not to make that mistake again ;)
Thanks
Nick

Latest photo, what you think? Any improvements I can do to it?

Thanks
Nick

Attachments

• 9F19D0F5-9294-4ACE-81AB-79C5AEB8D1D8.jpeg
    9F19D0F5-9294-4ACE-81AB-79C5AEB8D1D8.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 14
It`s only my personal opinion , some like them with a warm look to them . Is that a silver birch branch the LTT is on ? The bird looks o.k but the surroundings still look a bit warm for my taste . Are you shooting in raw ? The Nuthatch you have on your flikr link , that is on a log on the grass looks more or less spot on for me .

Last edited:
Back