What does you Desktop look like?

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Nothing fancy here ;)

desktop.jpg

Couple of icons and whichever photo of mine I fancy. I don't change it too regular, every month or two.

Reminds me of our not very technical foreman in work. We have a workshop pc for email, ordering bits and pieces etc We took a screenshot, deleted all the icon shortcuts and then set the screenshot as the 'wallpaper' :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

......Reminds me of our not very technical foreman in work. We have a workshop pc for email, ordering bits and pieces etc We took a screenshot, deleted all the icon shortcuts and then set the screenshot as the 'wallpaper' :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh you little tinker, you :LOL:

My screen grabber takes the second screen as if it was full resolution. I haven't got round to changing much from the default images. I used to have all grey for better colour work. But that was dull!

screengrab.jpg

That sort of thing is everyday life..... :ROFLMAO:

I recall reading somewhen that an office wheeze was to invert the screen if a common key sequence was pressed ! Can't recall the details but I think it was a batch file running and was not easily resolved by the 'victim' unaided???

Seeing all these tidy desktops makes realise how messy mine is..................

PS starting to read up about the W10 Quick Access and also making secondary toolbars to group common desktop shortcuts by catagory :thinking: :)

All you single monitor people...!

This is mine, right monitor is different size and resolution, hence the black band at the top of the left screen

DT.jpg

What does “Desktop” mean. I have a varying number (6 +) of Spaces with deliberately different backgrounds etc, doesn't everyone, at least on Mac & Linux, doesn’t Windows have that yet?

I was tempted to ask "which desktop" I should show, having multiple linux installs on a couple of base units + another Windows portable and a Macbook. I've never found spaces/multiple desktops a useful feature - something the Linux world did because it could - and the stuff I wanted always seemed to be on the wrong desktop. Windows has had virtual desktops for a while now, though I've never wanted to use them because it manages workflow effectively through the taskbar.

I was tempted to ask "which desktop" I should show, having multiple linux installs on a couple of base units + another Windows portable and a Macbook. I've never found spaces/multiple desktops a useful feature - something the Linux world did because it could - and the stuff I wanted always seemed to be on the wrong desktop. Windows has had virtual desktops for a while now, though I've never wanted to use them because it manages workflow effectively through the taskbar.

I guess it good to have a choice. I was always frustrated when I used Window that it didn’t have multiple ‘desktops’ like Linux. Different stokes for different folks :).

I recall reading somewhen that an office wheeze was to invert the screen if a common key sequence was pressed ! Can't recall the details but I think it was a batch file running and was not easily resolved by the 'victim' unaided???

A couple of years ago at work, I was walking through the machine shop and I noticed that a guy had his monitor upside down and propped against the wall, with the monitor feet up in the air. Amused, I asked him why and he told me that someone had rotated his screen 180 degrees as a joke and he didn't know how to get it back, so he "fixed" it by turning the monitor upside down. He'd been using it like that for weeks :LOL:

I have always gone for the minimal desktop.

I doubt I could take a better image than NASA of anything else. Jupiter and Io look beautiful to me. I have just added to it with Europa as my Recycle Bin, which fills in the crescent when there is something in it. :)

I have had this desktop for over 15 years, so works for me. ;)

redhed17 Desktop.jpg

Back