What exactly are these, please?

Could they be similar to a Pekin? I'm no chicken expert but their small size and feathered feet made me think of the Pekin breed initially.

Milleflure (red uns ??) barbiducle, spelling mate my apologies it is probably wrong but I struggle with eng let alone EU can't remember colour names the red un is most common maybe and if memory serves mille flure is that "porciliane" for other???

BB they be two each for dinner a bit tiny bro:D

You have a male up top and two females below can't be more specific no ages shown

take care

stu

Thanks Matthew and Stu for the kind responses

I'd trawled t'internet without success, so I'm grateful for the lead to Pekin Bantams, and I've now found http://www.happyhens.me.uk/PEKIN-BANTAM-GALLERY(2836346).htm which solves the query for me

Cheers, guys!

Buddy they utterly are not pekins, Mathew has a fair shout but these are d'uccle. Pekin's are bigger very squat wide leg stance crucially no beard in pekin. Mille flure as with porcliain is a colour, so one can get milleflure pekins as you have found amongst all the other colours .

Bro I'm a tired brain dead wreck, so my first post might appear a bit vague, but I have physically, bred, hatched, shown, reared both breeds,along side sommit like 250 other breeds of chuck. My id isn't coming from the web it's coming from cold hard experience of working with these birds it was my job MR

These birds in the pictures are not pekins. sure they share feathered legs and colour even the single comb........ but not a beard !!!!!!!!!

If I could show you the two together they are chalk and cheese/ They are both true bantams that means they do not have a large counter part like say a light sussex which occurs in a big and small version. Mate where ever you saw these contact them I'm a guy full of self doubt very very rarely will I stand up and know I am right

that ain't no pekin it's got a beard it's legs are too close and it's too small:)

apologies for spelling here it is Barbu d' Uccle

and a link............http://www.aandjpoultry.uk/our-breeds/barbu-d-uccle-millefleur/

you can find your way from there bro

but 100% NOT A PEKIN:D

take care kiddo

stu

Booted bantams - Belgian d'Uccles ?

Edit: Seems like Stu above beat me to it. (y)

Last edited:
Booted bantams - Belgian d'Uccles ?

Edit: Seems like Stu above beat me to it. (y)
I ain't precious Mr B we can share this one,all that is important to me is the op has the correct id:)
a fool can see there not chickens

there hens :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
LMAO:D you just really messed up the guy in the first pic's day bro you can't call the poor lad a girl :eek: Oh and as above the others might be yearlings;) in which case they be not hens they be pullets.ahh buddy poultry keepers might be worse than togs for being pedantic about names........funny as:D

Ere guys a serious thought afore I go:)

isn't it amazing what man has managed to do by selectively breeding : I think there is something like 2000 breeds,that stem from the tiny guys like these. Old dutch (another breed) maybe being the smallest at around blackbird size to the giants like brahma that stand up by ya knee or higher. all the colours of the rainbow in plumage.................. blue eggs brown or terracotta or plain white, They feed ALOT of us!!!!! egg to plate is 6weeks or less. in our modern table bird. that stems from a cornish light sussex cross........ strains that lay vast quantities of eggs. hariy feet necked necks silkies that have fluff blue skin. different combs single double pea rose,on and on and on one can go.

All from a humble little pheasant called the red jungle fowl truly amazing

These old breeds might on the seem of it be almost redundent a hobby bird kept by nutters like me, a curiosity now almost. But our poultry industry world wide is epic in scale one of these old breeds might just hold a genetic key we don't know we need yet

Thanks lads good to smile ,I've always been bewildered that all this came from a phessie,sorry for wafflin I do love em. Opening an incubator door the size of an upright freezer to have a thousand little faces staring back all colours is a memory to long cherish from work

seeya

stu

Here's one for you Stu, how do you turn a grey jungle fowl into a salmon dinner?

Fly fishing... or more accurately, fly tying: The 'eye-shape' pattern of the feathers from their capes are popular for use in salmon flies, and tying them is an art in itself. Scroll forward to 13.09 to see the jungle cock feathers being added if you don't want to watch the full thing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch8eO5Awp-I

Here's one for you Stu, how do you turn a grey jungle fowl into a salmon dinner?

Fly fishing... or more accurately, fly tying: The 'eye-shape' pattern of the feathers from their capes are popular for use in salmon flies, and tying them is an art in itself. Scroll forward to 13.09 to see the jungle cock feathers being added if you don't want to watch the full thing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch8eO5Awp-I
Mr B

thanks for that ha, you won't believe but i watched it all fascinating,there's something magical about fly tying,I can't fish mate just get a wet ass and a cold,but the craft appeals deeply especially the off shoots like tying it's the whole stalking side of fly that I gravitate towards but i've never had a crack at fly

when I read your post I felt I knew nothing of this but maybe I do,We used to have a guy I'm sure he was called Mr(Ron?? jees mate it's yonks back probably called brian bobbins:D) Taylor, come and grab certain feathers big demand for the bronze turks if I recollect for exactly this purpose and there is a sniff of a memory about RJF being used as we kept rjf amongst other phessies and all the rest. I have a feelinghe ran a business supplying the feathers etc.

Good stuff buddy thank you. Mate tell me ya name I can't call ya mrB for ever brock is very close to slipping out inadvertantly I best get it right now:)

Sorry slow in reply needed a space, I thought I'd want to watch it all.

buddy it's weird I love all this stuff love but I def wouldn't get you your dinner bloody hopeless with a rod:D

cheers

stu

Back