What films to buy for my 35mm camera...

Edit My Images
Yes
Right, I have a 35mm camera, and want to buy some film when next in the UK, as we can get nothing out here, and delivery/post is not reliable enough.
So, what sort of film should I be looking for - I like grain, fast film, and want to take portraits and stuff like that.
Having not bought much since the late 70's, I don't know what there is, and what is good for what, so any help would be good !
I used to be able to buy something called recording film, which was rated at 3200 as standard, as I remember, so in some ways, the faster the better
What can you tell me folks ?

Thank you sir !
A tad extreme for portraits eh? - hey, have you seen the people I take pictures of...?
I'll get me some, and some microphen, and lets see what happens at security....

Mini_hacksaw.gif

or some fuji, any of the neopans, 1600 is a good halfway house for a fast b/w, still grainy but not offensively

Tellme more Sir Joxby - what neopans are there ??
Yes, I could do a google, but you are a real person, so much nicer to speak with...!

They have 400 & 1600 neopan, and err neopan 100 acros at Silverprint, tells you a bit about them too, click Fuji > B/W
They have some 400CN, I've not tried it because its c41 chemicals

ere, when are you making the hop ?

edit 100 acros is smooth as slug snot, processed normally, its a bit like ilford fp4 plus 125, with added black
not grainy

can't say I know just how smooth slug snot is, but I'll look at silverprint to get some of the other stuff..
As for making th ehop - I don't know, as my op is now being done later, rather than sooner, but I'll be in touch....

op?....what op

Its cool, boxed in the loft till your ready(y)

As for making th ehop - I don't know, as my op is now being done later, rather than sooner, but I'll be in touch....[/QUOTE]

You still not got that ankle fixed yet Steve? Can't be much fun :( I've got a stapple gun in the shed if you'd like me to ave a go. :LOL:

As the the op, or even th eop - Rivit, I am still waiting, but am on the lists at last !
joxby - I am having my ankle fused, as the joint is crumbling fast, meaning much pain, unable to walk at times, unable to work as I can't stand for long - being in the building trade thats a slight disadvantage. Once it is done, they will start looking at my back and my other foot. The price you pay for living too hard and fast while young I fear..!
Rivit - is that you in your avatar, and what exactly do you do with a stapple gun ??

Back