What is the weather like where you are?

Edit My Images
Yes
Right now we're getting freezing rain and it's supposed to turn into regular rain tomorrow afternoon. My mum and I were supposed to pick up some pizza for supper but it's too unsafe for us to drive, so we ordered Chinese food to be delivered. (The pizza place she wanted to order from doesn't deliver in our area but it isn't very far to drive to)

Where are you? Freezing rain doesn't sound good...

Just regular rain here - wet and windy and just back from walking the dog [emoji3] [emoji3]

Freezing rain is the worst sort of "normal" weather I could imagine. So much so that I would move.

We have very changeable early spring weather right now. Windy, showers and moments of sunshine.

Yeah, don't move to my part of Canada then. Other places aren't like this, but sadly, I'm somewhere that can get all of the extremes. We get extreme hot, extreme cold, freezing rain, tornado warnings, earthquakes, hail, snowstorms, etc. s***, the other week it was sunny, then it started to rain, and then hail, then go sunny and clear again in a span of about 20 minutes.

I am seriously leaning towards moving to Brighton with my fiance. At least it's more stable there weather wise. Not as cold in the winter as I've been used to here.

Yeah, don't move to my part of Canada then. Other places aren't like this, but sadly, I'm somewhere that can get all of the extremes. We get extreme hot, extreme cold, freezing rain, tornado warnings, earthquakes, hail, snowstorms, etc. s***, the other week it was sunny, then it started to rain, and then hail, then go sunny and clear again in a span of about 20 minutes.

I am seriously leaning towards moving to Brighton with my fiance. At least it's more stable there weather wise. Not as cold in the winter as I've been used to here.

Which part of Canada is it? It sounds like at least you should have some interesting weather landscape photography opportunities... aside from feeling freezing.

My idea of moving would be to Tenerife or at least somewhere on the Italian coast.

Which part of Canada is it? It sounds like at least you should have some interesting weather landscape photography opportunities... aside from feeling freezing.

My idea of moving would be to Tenerife or at least somewhere on the Italian coast.

I live in Ottawa. I actually would kind of like to photograph an ice storm. Maybe I'll get out tomorrow and try to capture the ice before it warms up and melts.

My mum would like to spend Christmas in Aruba or somewhere warm once she's able to. She suggested I bring my fiance there too. Tenerife would be closer to him, though. I would love for us both to go there for a while. We could meet up at LHR I imagine. (Direct flights to the UK from Ottawa go to Heathrow. If I want to go to Gatwick or any other airport I have to change planes in another city.)

Yesterday, when you first posted, it was miserable & raining here too, though not freezing.

Now I understand :)

I was in Niagara for a conference back in January 2010 - horrendous cold rain... That's why I much prefer working in Asia when the opportunity comes my way.

Snowed yesterday while my mum and I were driving home from the gym. Just cloudy today. Supposed to see some sun this weekend.

When we had a foot or so of snow a few weeks ago, my wife ran her yoga class as usual on the Thursday night - 3/4 of the students that evening were Canadians, wondering what all the fuss was about the weather!

Today has been glorious sunshine all day so we took Mrs Nod's car out for a drying spin. Loads of other convertibles out as well as a fair few Summer bikes.

Gorgeous sunny day.
If only I could have taken advantage of it.

Sunny Doncaster, just wish the wind would die down for some garden macro fun.

Lovely here, wall to wall sunshine, fish and chips on the beach yesterday :D
Now deciding what to do today :)

wall to wall sun here ,got to take the car in for a couple of jobs though

It reached 20 C in the shade at 9 am here at Folkestone and is now fine, clear, sunny and very calm with many places already reaching 24 C while still in the morning, yet we usually are pushed to experience this kind of thing in high summer, never mind in April.
After 40 years of being into meteorology, it's got to a point where it does take a lot to impress me but it is remarkable how how we've gone from having heating on to keep warm to having fans running to keep cool in the space of a week - and it's not even Summer yet.
Of course, before anyone ask me that "OMG Will a good Spring lead to a good Summer???" question; there's no connection at all. I've seen how good Springs have given way to poor Summers (2007 being a good example) - and vice versa.

At the moment, it's persisting down, there's a thunderstorm going on and the Sun's shining!!!

Still far too hot.

Even now, at just before 9am, it is as hot as I would like it for the rest of the day.

I could cope better if we had at least some rain but there has been none for ages and none forecast for this week.

Dave

23* and overcast at the moment. It was hotter at 08:30!

Does anyone live their life 1.25m from the ground in the shade? No? Then why does the MET office measure temperature that way?

26°c in the shade might be lovely for some, but 34°c+ is revolting in the UK because it's not a dry heat.

I'm hating it.

Nah, its crap, its way outside my safe operating temp, 10 - 21 is my range, I'm fed up of this boiling hot rubbish we're getting day after day, I'm a sweaty mess.

Too bloody hot, doesn't seem to get below about 28c every day
Grass is brown and hardly growing, water in the bird (drinking) bath evaporates every day and big cracks appearing on the paths over the local nature reserve

Does anyone live their life 1.25m from the ground in the shade? No? Then why does the MET office measure temperature that way?

I suppose it is for simplicity and consistency, but I agree with you, it doesn't in any way reflect what someone is likely to experience.

Around here we had the grass fire on Sunday, which made the national news. This morning roads are still closed and I counted seven fire engines and a few crews are still damping down, while I was out earlier.

It looks like they are preparing for another fire - there are more very large areas of parched grass and no prospect of rain - as the fire service have around 2 miles of hoses around part of Wanstead Flats.

Dave

I am on the West Coast of Ireland and the temperature has been almost too mild.

Temperatures have barely gone beyond 22C on occasions Average is 19.5C.

Spoke to my friend who ives in Wanstead in East London who told me that there is a big effort with brush fires on the Wanstead Flats which is the Southern end of Epping Forest.

The dearth of a decent rainfall is not helping.

More than 220 firefighters tackle blaze on Wanstead Flats in Epping Forest - Sky News

I am on the Atlantic Coast in Co Clare today and wearing a warm pullover!

Dread to think what is going on in my garden back in Bath!

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks as if the areas of Wanstead Flats that were burned are going to be 'cultivated' in some way.

I passed a couple of big tractors equipped with large spiked rollers parked close to a few fire engines early this morning. I'm guessing they are going to be used to disturb the burnt surface so the fire service can make sure it is not burning/or too hot below the current ground level.

Dave

It looks as if the areas of Wanstead Flats that were burned are going to be 'cultivated' in some way.

I passed a couple of big tractors equipped with large spiked rollers parked close to a few fire engines early this morning. I'm guessing they are going to be used to disturb the burnt surface so the fire service can make sure it is not burning/or too hot below the current ground level.

Dave

Awful news, played footie there on Sundays many years ago and took after match refreshment in The Holly Tree

Currently 26*C in the shade here at the top of Exeter. Cat seems happier now there's a little breeze and it's below 30*!

It was a lovely temperature on Exmouth beach last evening at ~ 19:30. Enjoyed watching a chap on a hydroplane kite surf board trying to land jumps... (More than he was [probably] enjoying the failures!)

Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum yer majesty... still 80 deg in my bedroom at midnight!

Back