What kind of techniques are used in these photos?

What is involved here

• Cinema 4D/3Ds MAX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After Effects with Element 3D plugin

• Just Photoshop and Bunch of photos

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • I also would like to know that. lol

• Total voters
Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
OK, Ive deleted those photos, later today will make links to authors account. A little bit of patience please.

Can somebody explain me how it was done?(All photos are from the same person)
I have an idea with AE, for example by using trapcode, emit particles, try to connect them to objects...but not sure.
Of course here could be many ways to create image like that, but i am more interested which way author probably use to create these additional stuff.

Bunch of photos and compositing, blurring...?
Application like Cinema 4D Vray light etc are involved?
AE with particles connected to 3D objects

1. Cat. We can see that those cakes are 3D objects. Cakes of the same focal distance as cat's face are sharp, in front and behind are blurred.
You can see blurred cakes behind cat's ears. Probably cat was masked out? Smoke behind was added etc.
Emit particles and connect 3D cakes to them?

2. Starbucks cup. Of course it is possible to use tripod make a bunch of those shots and compose it later. Especially if you use Sony A9(20.0 fps, and author actually use that camera) Plus the light, is so real there that makes me think that it was done exactly that way! But was it?

3.Flying red leaves. Different shapes, possible to see deep of field, lens blur.
Doesn't look as particle job (for me). Using particle emitter you need not flat but 3D object or leaf and I think they all will look alike.
So question is not about how it is possible to create but WHICh WAY author probably use.

4.Baloons.
Reflection, light it is so real, that makes feel that everything was done on location. I can hardly think that the person use 3d applications, it doesn't feels that way, more about photo techniques, maybe...

5. Paper flashlights.

It is possible to see movement trails using continuous shouting and I am sure exactly that was done.
But just too much flashlights on background flying from nowhere.

So all those picture are kinda the same technique.

So what technique author probably use?

And additional last 2 photo )))

And here I start to fell that all photos just include 3D rendering using Elements 3D in AE or with Cinema 4D / 3Ds Max.
Experts what do you think?

Last edited:
Watch out! Copyright infringement police will be along soon to moan that you've 'stolen' these photos without referral to the original artist.

and they would have a point.

We'd prefer if you'd link to the original photo's if possible, @alexjapan - it appears that you've grabbed a bunch of other peoples work, added them to a hosting site somewhere and posted them up on here - kindly amend your links to refer to the original authors site.

Photoshop, cutting out part of one photo and adding it to other photos that have probably been manipulated as well. Loads of guides on youtube

Why not ask the person who took the photo's ?

This. You'd be really surprised how approachable artists are. I've had many comment or approach me after I critiqued their work on my blog when I've seen it in exhibitions, or I've approached them for further info on their work because it was so interesting.

Don't expect ways to reproduce exactly, but pointers

Last edited:
Back