What mount/frame colour?

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm getting ready to display about half/a dozen prints on dark oak wooded walls. Myself and the proprieter have agreed on a creamy sort of frame but I'm not sure what mount colour would go well/at all with that colour.

The prints will be mostly bright landscapes/abstracts with a couple of B&W mixed in, 15x10 prints in 20x15 frames.

My initial thought is something like a white mount, but I'm not sure if that will be a bit stark? The other option is to go the other extreme and get a dark mount, but I don't think that will go that well either.

Also that frame size and print size likely to go or look funny?

Anyone use cream frames?:)

I use cream frames and white frames with a similar colour mount - I find they look really nice and have just framed 8 like that today to go on display. I really like the look of the black mounts with black frames but never tried one yet as I tend to stick to the white frames

Don't suppose you could take a photo of one for me could you? Probably a bit of a stretch but it would be nice to see a finished article instead of just a cream frame and mount. :)

Amp34, if I saw the pictures I could tell you instantly what combination you'd need, we fit out pubs with framed photos and artwork and I spend most of my days matching artwork with mounts and frames. Are you local to West Yorkshire by any chance?

They will be along the lines of these (chosen from these anyway) http://wildaboutlife.net/test/gallery/embedded.php

They will all be in the same room so need a consistent theme of one colour frame and one colour mount. Cream and white would probably be my preference at the moment.

Unfortunately not, i'm down south.

What are their frames like? Seem quite cheap in comparison to other places I've looked (both online and local framers). :)

I've not tried them yet. I keep meaning to send off a trial order but haven't got round to it . I bookmarked the page as it's useful to evaluate a frame and mount with the actual image

Back