What resolutions to print to A3?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,
What is the minimum and most optimum resolutions to print to A3 size?

Thanks.

Kamion

A3 is a damned big print and while your 350D is undoubtedly capable of printing at that size, you should go for the biggest image size your camera allows. Don't make the mistake of reducing your image to A3 size, you should always print from the full size image regardless of print size.

Well the reason I ask is to see if I have room for cropping and enlarging certain shots to A3.
I never had A3 photos printed before and am curious how big it actually is! :D
I'm thinking of printing with photobox.com that is £7.50 for 1 A3 or £5.50 each for 5 A3. There's also a 25% discount on enlargements at the moment. Any other photo printing that can beat that?

A3 is 2 A4 sheets of paper (normal computer paper or writing paper) laid together along their longest sides. Photobox is excellent for your prints, i highly recommend them, ive had A3, and A2 done from them for portrait work and they were stunning print quality.

I've printed some of my images at 30" x 20" and, whilst you can see jaggies if you get very close, the results are great. :)

I've printed A3 images from a 2mpx Fuji A204 and the results (from www.photobox.co.uk) were great. As SammyC said, you can see jaggies if you get very close but I'm very happy with the results.

Just remember that the quality of the shot becomes more significant also - on a smaller print you can usually get away with slight faults in the shot, when its blown up any blurring or lack of focus will become more apparent.

I've had some shots blown up to around 45" along the longest edge by approx 30" using my 350D and they look good, these were full frame prints though.

A3 should be okay.

Photobox are excellent, I quite often get A3/A2/30x20 and get no issues whatsoever. However, I do use a 1DMk2 and a 20D!

My 10D did A2 without any lose in quality and the owner proudly displays that picture as you walk into his house.

HTH,
Carl.

Back