What was the last gig you went to?

Just spoke to a woman who has paid £90 each for her two daughters to watch Little Mix at the Metro Arena this Friday....... :eek: what is the world coming to.

Went to see Gary Numan last night the wife is a big fan
Was actually really good fantastic sound and everyone enjoyed themselves

martin harley at union chapel

next two are Jack Savoretti and Of Monsters and Men, just booked James Vincent McMorrow

Richard Hawley at Liverpool Guild Of Students, a great night

Home made tomato soup............................. delicious

Ghost last night at SSE Wembley Arena.
Fantastic gig. Both support acts Tribulation and All Them Witches were very good too.
A few things that were annoying during the evening.
The first act being on 1/2hr after the doors opened and missed the beginning of the first set whilst queuing at the merchandise stall that only had two people serving but room for at least 4 or 5.
The intermission music before Ghost came on that was in no way rock music, I have no idea what genre of music it was but I would classify it as crap :). Certainly shouldn't be played at a rock concert for sure. To make matters worse a woman started dancing to it. I think even her boyfriend / husband was gobsmacked at her nerve and did his best to ignore her and try to disassociate from her during that. ;)
Then their was the big oaf standing in front of my sons that had to raise his arms into the air and sing, whenever he knew the words. He really annoyed a late teen young lady who was standing in front of him as she got a nudge in back everytime he did it. In the end she had enough turned round raising both hands in the air and yelled into his face. It frightened the life out of him even though he was twice her size and he moved away. :)
A video clip of a Ghost guitar dual that my son filmed.
View: https://youtu.be/oPnulAlbLjc

Last night James Vincent Mcmorrow @ The Dome in Tuffnell park - had never heard of this venue before so was nice to go somewhere new and wasn't quite so out of the way as i had initially thought.

As a long time fan of James, I of course enjoyed it. Briefly chatted to a young american guy who was shooting for the act and was only over for one term of uni so fair play to him for managed to get a pass to shoot. he is shooting at the 02 on wednesday so it must be asking the right people! (altho if he gets lumbered at the sound board, i'm not sure what he'll end up with)

@nilagin fai play to the woman who got annoyed with the nudging! One understands there's a fair amount of contact during a gig, but there's also room for consideration!

Airbourne at Kentish Town Forum last night. Total nutters and very entertaining. Glad we chose to stand behind the sound desk as otherwise we would have been showered in beer, not just by the crowd but by the band too when they started throwing beer out for the audience to catch. The lead singer even managed to get one up into the balcony. :)
One of the support acts Tyler Bryant and The Shakedown were very good too, definitely a band worth seeing as a headliner not just a support act.
20191126_215443.jpg20191126_215457.jpg
20191126_215443.jpg

Just got back from Cliffs Pavilion at Southend. Took the wife to see Adam Ant. Got to be the first gig I have been to where women were walking around selling ice cream or bags of Minstrels and Maltese between bands.
Some of Adam Ant's songs were surprisingly heavy. I don't think a lot of the fans quite knew what to make of it, they just stood or sat there stunned motionless. I enjoyed the heavy stuff much more than the Adam and the Ants stuff that he is famous for.
The tickets for the gig was part of my wife's 50th birthday present and she thoroughly enjoyed it.

I saw Cats In Space at The Garage in Islington on Monday. They're a great band, playing melodic rock that has clearly been influenced by the likes of Slade, The Sweet, Queen, Supertramp, ELO, and other 70s dinosaurs. Huge fun.

Just got in from our last gig of 2019.
Alter Bridge at the O2. Support acts were Shinedown and The Raven Age. Not heard of The Raven Age and they were only added onto the line up last week as Sevendust, who they replaced, had to cancel due to their singer being ill and being advised by doctors not to travel.
Three 1st class bands though and a great night.

Just one gig this year...

Skunk Anansie at the O2 academy in Leeds; could hardly believe it was the 25th anniversary tour.

went straight into the top 5 gigs of my life. Absolutely awesome

Some of Adam Ant's songs were surprisingly heavy. I don't think a lot of the fans quite knew what to make of it, they just stood or sat there stunned motionless. I enjoyed the heavy stuff much more than the Adam and the Ants stuff that he is famous for.

For some reason that really pleases me.

Although, thinking about it, his pop stuff did have drum and guitar riffs buried in it.

Last edited:
On my way home from seeing Delain in London.
Really good gig and the support band Cyrha were decent too.
Well worth the tortuous 140 mile round trip by train

Last edited:
Zakk Sabbath at The Garage Highbury this evening. Fantastic gig, my ears are going to be ringing for days.

On my way home from seeing Delain in London.
Really good gig and the support band Cyrha were decent too.
Well worth the tortuous 140 mile round trip by train
Thread revival, anyone been or going to a gig?
Brought back an unwanted guest from the last one mentioned above. Generously let the rest of the family share it too.

Bought a ticket for Evanescence and Within Temptation next March, think that will be my first foray back to live music.

Last edited:
Yesterday!

Wisbech Rock Festival - free and had my favourites Slade (well, Dave Hill) headlining. A decent Blondie tribute and Abba tribute plus one of my other favourites Walkway playing. Great music and great to see live music again!

Would not recommend Wisbech to anyone!!

Tempted by the Darkness later this year and have tickets for Nick Mason next year (should have been Oct last year).

Yesterday!

Wisbech Rock Festival - free and had my favourites Slade (well, Dave Hill) headlining. A decent Blondie tribute and Abba tribute plus one of my other favourites Walkway playing. Great music and great to see live music again!

Would not recommend Wisbech to anyone!!

Tempted by the Darkness later this year and have tickets for Nick Mason next year (should have been Oct last year).

I agree, Wisbech really is a hell hole
Glad you enjoyed the music though despite the venue

Wisbech.

Americans do not go there, which is just as well, as they could not pronounce it.

Back