What was your best Wildlife shot to Date?

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Possibly the best wildlife image I’ve taken was the morning I spent in the company of our local Otter.
Stealth was the order of the day and was soaked lying in the cold, wet grassy riverbank but it was so worth it.
At times he was too close to focus on and in the end I just lay there and enjoyed his antics.
Oh how we suffer for our art ;)

Otter 3 by Mike Stephen, on Flickr

Tough to choose just one!
There was the fox nearly catching a Canada Goose (see avatar).
There was the Kingfisher creating an arc of water droplets as it shook its head after a dive.
There was the Peregrine Falcon going talons to talons with the Buzzard.
Loads I've loved ,,, but the one that always makes me smile is the Gannet watching the fly up at Bempton Cliffs :)

Fascination
by Roger, on Flickr

It's like asking to pick a favourite child lol

48448904862_d282d685a2_b.jpg

Some really great shots here Guys - Keep them coming :)

Les

Probably not the best but certainly the best fun image, from this year.
And no I didn't do it its natural markings.
( it seems that mother nature catalogues her creatures these days)

by Cobra, on Flickr

Haven't taken many wildlife photos, but this is one of my favs so far. Just got a new tele lens though so hoping to get into it a bit more soon!

A rat at Radipole Lake in Dorset

View attachment 258535

I'm always up for a Wildlife shoot Carl - drop me a PM I'm in Taunton and we can exchange numbers if you like - I know a few locations :)

This was taken at Waverley yesterday, still practicing so be nice

Attachments

• 59693A1F-F6F4-47D8-9C10-9B3554819736.jpeg
    59693A1F-F6F4-47D8-9C10-9B3554819736.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 24
Either

_NOD0028.jpg

for content
or

DSCF2521.jpg

for quality.

TBH, both were pure luck as to being in the right place at the right time AND having a camera with the right lens on me!

The lamb. magpie and fox was from my parents' back door and the egret was at the Mill on the Exe pub.

Sounds good Les, I'm only about 25 miles east of Taunton so I'm definitely up for a wildlife meet up :)
You must be around my area then mate, yeovil ish area ?

Yeah I'm in Yeovil too! :wave:
Same as Les, I don’t get out as much as I’d like but feel free to drop me a line if your of out looking for that million dollar, once in a lifetime wildlife shot and I’ll go halves

How did the lamb/fox/magpie scenario pan out...!!?

Magpie kept squawking, lamb stamped his/her foot and fox foxed off sharpish! It was never a real confrontation and the fox was a frequent visitor. On this occasion, he was dozing and was disturbed by the lamb (or more probably the squawking hitchhiker!)

technically not great but as it was my first ever wildlife attempt, I'm still quite proud of this one. unknown to me until that day, the sigma 70-200 and 1.4TC did not AF, so this was handheld, manual focus on the 70-200 with 1.4 TC (actually so was the Heron in *post 6, as they were the same day)

Majestic swam mk2 by Wayne Scott, on Flickr

Back