What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

A 35mm lens, probably the f2.0 Nikon and I think I really have to get a decent A3 printer, been thinking about the Canons as I have been surviving using a lab for ages but I'd really like to see the prints quicker now!

Tommy save yourself the grief, I have a Canon pixma 9000 that when 1st purchased was superb. Now it's a pain in the arsicle and I'm stuffed if I can get it to print correctly even though nothings changed.

Hmm, maybe I'll put that off then, thanks Chris. I have had a mixed bag of A4 printers in the past, they weren't too bad but I thought things might be better by now - maybe the lab isn't so bad then!

The Canon pixma 9000 is old now so maybe things have improved but struggling with profiles and ink costs makes me wonder whether it's worth the hassle when DSCL who I use charge pennies per image and in most cases turn them round in a couple of days.

A Profoto Pro-10 generator… or two (dreaming!).

As my sons are away for their studies and the plan that they
will work full time at the studio (slowly taking over until I retire)
is put on ice for the time, and the recent purchase of a pair of
new D2's, I think I should postpone this acquisition to hire a
helping hand /assistant.

They say: "Get it now!"
…but it would not be reasonable I guess, I need an assistant.

i'm at that unusual stage where i'm actually happy with what i have...

it's quite a nice place to be ;)

posting here less than an hour ago got me thinking about my kit & now i want a wide prime to use as a walkabout :rolleyes:

If Fujifilm ever make a X-E3 that would be my next purchase otherwise nothing, in fact just started selling a few bits off

next purchase likely to be a Samyang 24mm f1.4
Lust after? Many things, as there is no such thing as too many toys, but one that I'll never own but would love to play with for an afternoon is the Canon 600 f4

;) You might like the look of the rather nice Canon 24mm f1.4 in the classifieds ;)

Last edited:
Reviews show Samyang is better for Astro?

Maybe it is, never tried one to compare, have read that some (Samyang/Rokinon) lenses have a problem when trying to focus at infinity.

Slippery slope, you might end up buying one ;)

I've borrowed the samyang 24/1.4 to try waiting for a clear sky to test it out
Given that even a cheap second hand one is more cash than a reasonable car, I really do doubt I'll be buying one
I'd be interested to hear what you reckon to it when you do get to use it

;) You might like the look of the rather nice Canon 24mm f1.4 in the classifieds ;)
I do, very much, and Im sure its worth every penny and I'd love to have it, but unfortunately its about £300 above my budget

Next purchase, I dare buy anything more. Already this year I've gotten a 1DXII, 135L, 100L macro and a 5DIV off to the Photography show and I need a new tripod so that's going to be my last purchase this year.

Given that even a cheap second hand one is more cash than a reasonable car, I really do doubt I'll be buying one
I'd be interested to hear what you reckon to it when you do get to use it

I was fortunate enough to get one last year and it's incredible. I take on almost every trip. Don't think I could part with it now. Apart from the super long and sharp reach, it delivers ridiculously shallow depth of field for perfect subject isolation. Yes it costs, for it was worth it.

I was fortunate enough to get one last year and it's incredible. I take on almost every trip. Don't think I could part with it now. Apart from the super long and sharp reach, it delivers ridiculously shallow depth of field for perfect subject isolation. Yes it costs, for it was worth it.
I know thats a top lens, I meant your perception of the Samyang when you get to use it ;)

Trying to put a Canon 300mm f/2.8L ISII into the budget for this year. Just picked up the 11-24mm f/4L last week which has impressed me on the two outings I've had with it thus far.

Before any of that though I'm eyeing up one of Think Tank's digital holsters and belt systems for sports work. Figuring they may be a better option for switching to the 70-200mm quickly.

I'd rather have a multi fit (while retaining all automatic functions) 5-2000mm f/1.8 (would settle for f/2.8 if I had to though...) with adjustable distortion control (I like my circular fisheyes!). Oh, it needs to weigh under 1kg and cost about £500.

I'd rather have a multi fit (while retaining all automatic functions) 5-2000mm f/1.8 (would settle for f/2.8 if I had to though...) with adjustable distortion control (I like my circular fisheyes!). Oh, it needs to weigh under 1kg and cost about £500.

Perfect dream lens! Let us know when you find it :)

My dream is simple enough

I just want a camera attached to my eye that when I see the perfect moment it captures it at just the right DoF I had in mind, noise free

I'd even buy a Canon if they did that !!!

Dave

I believed everything you said until you said the C word!!!

You've gone too far now

I want sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!
U0F0vK4.jpg

Last edited:
The change from Pentax to Nikon has seen a D810 & grip, 85mm F1.8G and 120-300mm F2.8 OS arrive this month to add to the D500 & 400mm f2.8.

When all old kit has moved on, there should be around a £3k budget to complete the lens setup!

Not lusting, Just standing here impatiently tapping my foot waiting for a new 135mm to be released. Doesn't even need to be a Nikon. It can be a Sigma or Tamron for all I care as they're making some excellent lenses.

Also need to stay away from the Fuji stand at the NEC as I'm still wanting a mirrorless alongside my Nikons.

Nikon 105mm f/1.4 prob get it next week at some point.

Good choice. I bought one last month, a super portrait lens.

I've always wanted a fish eye lens but could never justify the layout...don't know if anybody else likes the effect they produce but I think it looks ace.

Godox AD200, Westcott 180cm reflective umbrella with diffusion and a 5 in 1 150x200 reflector.

i'd settle for the camera in my mobile working :( Damned Galaxy S5 Active - lens's focusing element's have stuck in extreme close up mode - everything more than 10" from the lens is OOF.

Good job I was given the phone by a mate, I guess...

I'll be better placed to answer the question after my first day at the Photography Show - although by the time I get back to post it might be more a case of "what have you just bought" :D

I'll admit to quite fancying a Samyang tilt shift lens as I find tilt extremely useful on large format and don't have the equipment to do it on a smaller scale.

A manual 150mm f/3.5 Pentax lens for my film 645 Pentax.
Funded by selling off some spare manual Pentax 35mm bodies/lenses (MX/ME Super etc)

Back