What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Hmm makes me thinking. Maybe an extra back for mamiya rz67 then finish the m645 system
I am hankering for a Pentax 67 but I have been downsizing my life. About to send MPB a list of things I want to move on.

The Pentax 645 kit started with my youngest son finding a boxed mint body on a local favebook classified group!

I am lusting after a Sony A68 for sports photography, but at the moment my head is keeping control of my heart(just!)

Now contemplating getting a E Mount Ziess 25 f2 to replace my Sony 28 and an E mount CV15, my desires say "yes" but common sense says "No" so I'll probably do it.:p:sony:

Hmm, let me think.

Well, I satisfied my film camera urge with a recently purchased OM20.

I do have a small desire for a 70-200 but I'm not sure I actually need one given that it would probably only get used twice a year as they're just too heavy to carry all the time.
A 17-40 f4L would be handy, but again I can't see myself using it a great deal. I don't seem to be too limited by what I have in my small lens set.

A good compact would be useful though. Canon EOS-M (for lens compatibility) or a Fuji X100 would be top of my list.

My last photographic purchase was a Samsung Galaxy S7 (upgrade from Galaxy Note 3) - probably my only photographic purchase in 2016. I have no plans to buy anything else for photography in the foreseeable future. My needs are covered.

My last photographic purchase was a Samsung Galaxy S7 (upgrade from Galaxy Note 3) - probably my only photographic purchase in 2016. I have no plans to buy anything else for photography in the foreseeable future. My needs are covered.
Happy with what you've got? Really? Surely Can't be true, can it? :p

Haha! I've been buying gear since 2006. It took a while to learn that lack of equipment wasn't the problem, but lack of talent. I used to lug round two bodies and an assortment of lenses, but nowadays, on the rare occasions when I do any photography, I travel as light as possible. A phone camera suits me well enough most of the time, or a compact if I know I'll need a bit more focal length. If I think I'll try to get really creative it'll be one body and a small prime lens. The big guns rarely put in an appearance any more. I certainly don't need more kit. :)

Happy with what you've got? Really? Surely Can't be true, can it? :p

Haha, I'm a GAS addict, I only usually buy stuff that I really will use and appreciate but I keep changing the way I shoot. I went out a few months ago with 3 primes, first time in ages I'd done that as I usually use zooms. I really enjoyed using them and the different approach needed to get a good photo with them, so I bought another prime and now I feel I need one more to fill the "hole" in my lineup and also prefer a 25 to the 28 I already have. When does it end??? :rolleyes:

Just about to say "Yes" to MPB's offer to take my 60D, couple of cheap lenses and battery pack in px for a 70-200 f4

Deal looks pretty good and will pretty much have me covered from wide angle through to 600 on my new 80D

Not much for me at the moment. I quite fancy a Canon 10-18 for travel/landscapes on my 7D2 - but it would get very little use so probably not worth it.

I do, however, lust after a Canon 500 F4 Mk2 as I need a good walkabout lens with some reach. Unfortunately my 800mm would have to go to finance it and , whilst losing a lot of weight (lighter lens + no tripod and head) would be great, losing 300mm is just not likely to happen! Even if I sold my 3 shorties (100-400 Mk2, 100 F2.8, 300 F2.8) they wouldn't make much of a dent in the price - pity but I can dream...............

Next for me an extra battery for my Nikon 7100. Question is one genuine Nikon or a couple of after markets?

I know it's not very glamorous but I have fancy for a Canon G7X to replace my Fuji x10 which is showing its age, it does all I want for a light carry around but not so well these days. Fuji don't make anything remotely comparable anymore. The G7X is affordable-ish but I can't seem to justify the expense for what is really, for me, only a fancy point and shoot and costs about £100 more than it should and doesn't have a viewfinder.

Last edited:
Next for me an extra battery for my Nikon 7100. Question is one genuine Nikon or a couple of after markets?

EXPro work very well in Fujis and at a fraction of the cost of genuine batteries.

I know it's not very glamorous but I have fancy for a Canon G7X to replace my Fuji x10 which is showing its age, it does all I want for a light carry around but not so well these days. Fuji don't make anything remotely comparable anymore. The G7X is affordable-ish but I can't seem to justify the expense for what is really, for me, only a fancy point and shoot and costs about £100 more than it should and doesn't have a viewfinder.

You might find an X30 in their refurb store - a significant upgrade from the 20 which was itself a step ahead of the 10.

You might find an X30 in their refurb store - a significant upgrade from the 20 which was itself a step ahead of the 10.

Thanks Nod, not much sign at the moment but I'll keep an eye out.

I fancy a macro lens, but in actuality my eyes are going so I need to get some better contact lenses/spectacles so I can see what I am trying to capture in the first place.

I fancy a macro lens, but in actuality my eyes are going so I need to get some better contact lenses/spectacles so I can see what I am trying to capture in the first place.

Have you tried adjusting the dioptre of the eyepiece viewfinder. Adjust until the info in the finder becomes clear. I think I am right maybe someone more knowing might give you more info.

That's how I do it with adjustable dioptre VFs. Handy since my vision varies depending on whether I'm wearing my contact lenses or not!

Really want a Canon 70-200m f4 IS but cannot justify purchase - might have been able to wangle it if i wasn't planning on moving this year but alas not now. Unless anyone wants to sell me one for £250 or less (or free) :-D

Merluza

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here but are you looking to sell your x10?

Back