What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Just pressed the button on swopping my old 60D for a 70-200 f4 from MPB

Need to keep this one quiet from my wife as the money from the 60D was supposed to offset against the 80D purchase :)

Have you tried adjusting the dioptre of the eyepiece viewfinder. Adjust until the info in the finder becomes clear. I think I am right maybe someone more knowing might give you more info.
The problem isn't so much seeing things through the viewfinder, it's arranging the subjects to photograph in the first place, and then reading the settings on the camera. Why do the make the lettering so small these days? :)

Kinda nicked from the film section, but this is for everyone.:)

My next purchase is likely to be a grey background.
I currently lust after a D500, but that will need to wait until I return from my Australia trip later in the year....
Wouldn't mind a sigma 50-100mm 1.8 art lens too. :)
Well, I've got my grey background, and we're watching the grandkids at the weekend, so hopefully I'll get a chance to try it out :)

I might replace my 1D3

Still very happy with the results in favourable conditions but here in Sunny Scotland - some extra useable ISO for wildlife would allow me more opportunities.

Last edited:
Someone to carry all my gear for me :D
I tend to go with Bestbeloved when she goes birding - never anywhere near a road, car park, path, ...

I no longer lust after a Sony A68. I now lust after a sigma 100-300f4 to go on a Sony A68. I blame Bobsyeruncle for starting this thread!:D

Well that came out of the blue. Not exactly a purchase but px'd the D810 for the D500 after trying one at the NEC (well, PX on Friday at least).

I would like a Canon 70-200f2.8 ii but because of budget might end up having to get the sigma version instead.

Next purchase? - Glass screen protector for the A7r (can't find a GGS one) & a set of metal Meike auto extension tubes so I can cut the close focus distance down from 40cm on the 50mm F1.8

Lust after? - The new Sony 85mm F1.8 & a decent 135mm

By the sound of it, a lot of visitors to the show at the NEC rather fancy the idea of a pixie - while she may well be lusted after, I'm not sure she's available for sale (but can almost certainly be rented!)

I'll be ordering a Manfrotto BeFree One at the end of the month for my travel tripod needs.

Currently have a Red Snapper and it weights a tonne.

A Nikon 70-200mm f2.8E FL arrived today, for £1675 I couldn't say no! The Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 OS will be up for sale soon!

The wife has decided she wants to get herself a dslr and is eyeing up the Canon 700D, I'm just trying to come up with a reason why she would be better with an 80D (that I could borrow as a second camera when shooting motorsport) :sneaky::sneaky:
Well, you've got the reason right there! You would be saving money really :ROFLMAO:

At the moment, lights for my macro photography, filters, and further down the road a Nikon D7200.

Purchased my want at the show in Birmingham Fuji 2x converter :)
The only other I'm tempted to get is a X-T20 to pair up with my X T2 :fuji:
But I'm struggling to part with my pair of gripped XT1s :(

Last edited:
:ty:Well, I had my filters nicked in Tenerife and we realised a couple of days ago that my cable release had gone. Called in to LCE in Gosforth and they had a second hand one that they knocked a fiver off because of my bad luck :clap:. Result and thank you very much!

I know thats a top lens, I meant your perception of the Samyang when you get to use it ;)

It is really, really good, the extra light makes a big difference and it's pretty sharp. An extra bonus from the extra light is that focusing in liveview is easy as works with any star. Here is the result from test this morning:

PS3A0875-Edit by Good Lux Photos, on Flickr

It is really, really good, the extra light makes a big difference and it's pretty sharp. An extra bonus from the extra light is that focusing in liveview is easy as works with any star. Here is the result from test this morning [...]
Thats a cracker, and good to know. As a coincidence my Sigma 24mm Art arrived today, but Im clouded out and forecast to be like that for the next few days so no chance of any stars for me

Back