What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Thats a cracker, and good to know. As a coincidence my Sigma 24mm Art arrived today, but Im clouded out and forecast to be like that for the next few days so no chance of any stars for me

Thank you and hope your skies clear soon!

I'm getting a Samyang 24mm f/1.4 soon, its one of those items that I don't really need (I have a 24-70 f/2.8) but I really want!!!
Its going to be strictly for astro landscapes and trying to explain/justify it to the Mrs is tricky to say the least but I just gotta have it!!!

I'm getting a Samyang 24mm f/1.4 soon, its one of those items that I don't really need (I have a 24-70 f/2.8) but I really want!!!
Its going to be strictly for astro landscapes and trying to explain/justify it to the Mrs is tricky to say the least but I just gotta have it!!!

Show her my picture? Might help? :)

PS I have the 24-70 2.8 too but the extra light with 1.4 is a huge improvement for me. Cost wise try second hand? I'm borrowing it from a friend who picked it up about half price.

Cost wise try second hand?
You don't see many come up for sale on the used market and as much as I love Samyang's for astro I'd never buy one from somewhere that didn't have a really good returns policy.
I had a 14mm f/2.8 Samyang a few years ago that I stupidly bought used and had issues with it being soft on one edge. Your friends looks good though, great image!!! :)

You don't see many come up for sale on the used market and as much as I love Samyang's for astro I'd never buy one from somewhere that didn't have a really good returns policy.
I had a 14mm f/2.8 Samyang a few years ago that I stupidly bought used and had issues with it being soft on one edge. Your friends looks good though, great image!!! :)

I've been pretty fortunate with second hand, about half my lens have been acquired that way including recent 300 2.8. Im buying from camera shops or trustworthy enthusiasts. Recently I bought the FoCal testing software and run them all through and looks like they are all sound and within typical ranges for the models.

March 19th

Fuji 56/1.2
Sigma 20mm/1.4
Sigma 14mm/1.8

Might get a Canon 35L mk2 to replace the mk1.

March 25th

Fuji 56/1.2 ordered today.

March 29th.

I have little self control it seems.

XWI5cRo.jpg

Cousins.

0zD18hb.jpg

Last edited:
@Raymond Lin a common problem here I think :) time I started selling the lens I don't really use. For canon I'm up to 20 or so now from all the way from 8mm to 600mm +TCs!

@Raymond Lin a common problem here I think :) time I started selling the lens I don't really use. For canon I'm up to 20 or so now from all the way from 8mm to 600mm +TCs!

I am not THAT bad, i got rid of my Canon 50/1.4 that was just sitting there along with a Sigma 70-200 2.8 that i bought years ago for a job.

My go to focal length are 35, 50 and 85. I mean I do have wider and longer lenses but don't use them nearly as much.

I now have 23 WR, 35 WR and 56 R.

GuoBbem.jpg

It's all I need really on the Fuji.

Trouble is there's a purpose for all of them and I share with my daughter. I'd sell the 50 1.4 for example but she wants to keep!

Godox AD200, Westcott 180cm reflective umbrella with diffusion and a 5 in 1 150x200 reflector.
Well went out a bought an AD360 and thought that might ease the pain.........it didn't. Still want an AD200 and the big umbrella but might go for a couple of BLACK & WHITE baggrounds instead of the reflector. If the white is true white. I have no need for colored reflectors and only limited for the silver but might miss a shrim, oh decisions decisions(n) :)

Well went out a bought an AD360 and thought that might ease the pain.........it didn't. Still want an AD200 and the big umbrella but might go for a couple of BLACK & WHITE baggrounds instead of the reflector. If the white is true white. I have no need for colored reflectors and only limited for the silver but might miss a shrim, oh decisions decisions(n) :)
Get a mid grey background, then you can light it to make it white, or under expose to make it black.

Yes I could do that but I'd like my stuff to do double duty like double as flats etc. but maybe that's making things to complicated and causing to much bulk in the end anyway.

Just bought a pair of matching grey pleated skirts to create an eccentric outfit for a shoot. Does that count?
It would count... for me I personally prefer camo trousers and a warm lightweight waterproof jacket for a shoot but maybe I should try a grey pleated skirt too.... hell I will try anything once [emoji56]

A nice shiny new Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 FL arrived last week, which saw the Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 move on to a new home.

Looks like a 24-70mm f2.8 G is next, then something a bit wider that doesn't need a new filter kit!

My 5dmkII is getting a bit old now, and I keep thinking about upgrading it. These thoughts don't last long though as I look at the prices of the mkIV and decide I can probably get a few more years from the mkII :LOL:

I fantasise about a Pentax K1 but just bought a Gibson UB-2 :)

Well I had decided to de-clutter and got rid od oodles of 'stuff'.... then Amazon wend and dropped the Sephy CP-1200 printer in price so .... it arrived this am.

I return to my Irish coastal photo expedition shortly and will be doing more 'retro' (35mm and 120 film) so thought 'postcard' time [emoji5]

Post film for developing and grab the scans online and, unlike last year when I commenced my project, I will share some images via postcard so more retro.

Well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it [emoji14]

Last edited:
A new Backpack. I'm leaning towards the Mindsight gear Backlight 26L. but only 1 place has 1 left and its in green. I was leaning to towards the Vanguard alto sky. But there doesn't appear to be a separate place for spare coat etc like the Mindsight.

I'd rather have a rear entry bag as I'm planning on some city trips

As my sigma 24mm has arrived I am in the happy position where I'm not planning any more purchases for quite a while now.
What I lust after is a different matter, but even my missus would notice if I tried to sneak a 300-800 Sigma into the house :)

I just noticed this thread and thought...... nothing :D ahhh

maybe because i'm too preoccupied with home cinemas, but still..

Back