What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Hmmm...

I thought I had pretty much everything I wanted and needed but got a bit frustrated yesterday when trying to use my (still working perfectly!) Fuji XF-1. My frustration doesn't come from the camera but from my eyes' deterioration, meaning that I need to wear corrective lenses to see both distance and for reading. Not a problem if I wear my specs - bifocals sort both problems but when I wear contacts to correct for distance, reading - or, in photographic terms, using the rear screen to compose etc. is pretty difficult. Carrying a pair of reading glasses is all very well IF I remember them but memory problems mean that it's very much an IF rather than a WHEN these days (something I can live with, especially since the reason for the problem has been resolved, just leaving me with a pretty crap memory!)

To cut a long story short, I have decided that I could do with a new compact to carry in a shirt pocket but it must have an eye level VF (an EVF will be plenty good enough - they're pretty good these days). While budget isn't a huge issue, I'd rather spend less than a Sony RX100 would cost me. Will be posting a thread in the equipment section asking for other suggestions.

After umming and arrhing for 2 days said yes to my mates XPro1,minty hardly used with the new fuji grip inc £220

Well, I was all set up to buy a 7D MkII at the end of March, then the dual mass flywheel on my car decided to play up, so now I shall be purchasing precisely nothing and shall just have to pine for a new camera for a while longer. :mad:

Just had a nice rejig... New X-T2+16-35 and my X-T1 off for infra-redding. Consolidated my primes down to the 56 & 35 1.4. Pretty much done apart from a new tripod head for panoramas.

I have a Canon 80d & various lenses canon G5X & a Fuji X-Pro2, however if that's not enough I really fancy having a Fuji X100F so that could be my next purchase, I think I need certifying☹️

Nikon 105mm Micro VR arrived yesterday, what a size difference to my old Pentax 100mm WR macro!

24-70G f2.8 should be here today, then something wide and I'm done.......honestly.......

Do they still supply them in plain grey primer? Times must be hard in Canonland! :p

I would love a Canon 70-200 or even a 5d mkIII but chances are slim.. mind you I love my 6D and I have a few L lenses so I should stop lusting and start shooting!

Quite fancy one of the long zooms - but can't decide where my future lies at the moment, system-wise, so I'm holding off for a while. My most used camera at the mo' is the D7100, but I also have an Fuji XP1 and a tiny Panasonic GM1. I wonder if I'll end up going M43 with a G85 (when the prices come down), a Fuji X-T2 (when the prices come down), or a D500 (when the prices come down). So it may be a long wait...

Quite fancy one of the long zooms - but can't decide where my future lies at the moment, system-wise, so I'm holding off for a while. My most used camera at the mo' is the D7100, but I also have an Fuji XP1 and a tiny Panasonic GM1. I wonder if I'll end up going M43 with a G85 (when the prices come down), a Fuji X-T2 (when the prices come down), or a D500 (when the prices come down). So it may be a long wait...

All that waiting when you could be making pictures :)

X-T2 and the 100-400 make a great combination. Add a telecon or 2 and you can stretch it to 800mm, albeit at f/11.

I'm really hankering after a Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro OS HSM, and a pair of knee pads ;)

Went out Yesterday but the weather decided to turn for the worse so in the end decided to shoot anything with the new lens (400 mm Mk2 DO).

No real processing just a crop.

Couple having Afternoon Tea at Rocklffe Hall and I was quite a distance away so it wasn't obvious what I was doing.

0F2A6868a.jpg

0F2A6868.jpg

Last edited:
I have just bought a Phenix camera. I know nothing about it at all except it cost me £10.
I now have the Phenix (apparently a Chinese attempt at spelling Phoenix). It is a very impressive and solid rangefinder (35 mm) with a bright viewfinder and clear rangefinder spot. Only had a quick look so far and shall be adding an article to my blog later in the week.

I really am going to get that Sigma 20/1.4.

I have been saying that for 2 months and since then have bought.

Fuji X-Pro1, Gariz half case, Lensmate thumb grip. lens mate soft trigger, strap, 23WR, 35WR, 56R, X-T1, Gariz half case, lens mate thumb grip, Lexar UHS-II 64G, screen protector for both.

I could have bought like 3 x Sigma by now.

Need a walkabout lens to go on my XT-1 so I can take it out with me every day. Not sure I need anything else for the near future, I need to get rid of all my Canon kit and various other kit 1st.

Nothing, not a thing, nowt. Really, I have everything I need. I don't need any more gear.

Seriously that's it, I don't need anymore...

Nothing, not a thing, nowt. Really, I have everything I need. I don't need any more gear.

Seriously that's it, I don't need anymore...

Need is one thing but want is an entirely different story! :p

Back