What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

I Don't want to keep changing cards on my nikon d800 .already have 32gb cards and use them up easily on a cruise . Hence getting a larger card

Got my refund from MPB for the Fuji 35/1.4, bought one from Fuji refurb store for the same price. Blessing in disguise in the end I think.

I am buying a Canon EOS M5 mirrorless body only plus EF lens adapter so I can use some of my Canon L lenses on it.

It will mostly live on my Canon 100mm Macro lens or have my 40mm EF pancake lens.

Will be ordering it from HDEW whom I have bought from several times.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qaYzZ5krrw

Arrived!

r76IKif.jpg

Nice! Love mine..... Used it today on the Dorset coast; setting up on all those pebbles was a bit nerve wracking tho!

Last edited:
I am buying a Canon EOS M5 mirrorless body only plus EF lens adapter so I can use some of my Canon L lenses on it.

It will mostly live on my Canon 100mm Macro lens or have my 40mm EF pancake lens.

Will be ordering it from HDEW whom I have bought from several times.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qaYzZ5krrw
Well, I watched this thinking they would show some images taken with it. How odd that they didn't! I am going to try an Olympus set up next week. I hope you put some pictures up from using the M5. Thanks .

Well, I watched this thinking they would show some images taken with it. How odd that they didn't! I am going to try an Olympus set up next week. I hope you put some pictures up from using the M5. Thanks .

....There are lots of reviews etc online, some of which include pics.

Personally I ignore other people's picture examples as they reflect the photographer and not their camera gear. I always shoot RAW and I post-process and so my pics probably won't help you much anyway. Also, I exclusively shoot wildlife.

Knowing that the M5 is part of the Canon EOS system, has the same Dual Pixel sensor that I have experienced firsthand in both the 70D and 7D Mark II, has the Digic-7 processor, the AF system matching the D-SLR bodies, and many other features I want, is all enough for me to decide to buy. I am already familiar with the Canon EOS interface and enjoy it.

The lens Adaptor so I can mount my EF lenses arrived on Saturday and the M5 body will arrive on Monday. I don't need any of the EF-M lenses, I am buying the M5 as an additional body for my close-up work.

I will be posting M5 pics on my Flickr page during next week and will not be expecting them to be distinguishable from those taken on my 7D Mark II or previously owned 70D just as there is no distinguishable difference between my images from those two bodies.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/114775606@N07/

I did buy a new CF card but some reason Hermes decides it must have a signature and I missed delivery 3 times.

....There are lots of reviews etc online, some of which include pics.

Personally I ignore other people's picture examples as they reflect the photographer and not their camera gear. I always shoot RAW and I post-process and so my pics probably won't help you much anyway. Also, I exclusively shoot wildlife.

Knowing that the M5 is part of the Canon EOS system, has the same Dual Pixel sensor that I have experienced firsthand in both the 70D and 7D Mark II, has the Digic-7 processor, the AF system matching the D-SLR bodies, and many other features I want, is all enough for me to decide to buy. I am already familiar with the Canon EOS interface and enjoy it.

The lens Adaptor so I can mount my EF lenses arrived on Saturday and the M5 body will arrive on Monday. I don't need any of the EF-M lenses, I am buying the M5 as an additional body for my close-up work.

I will be posting M5 pics on my Flickr page during next week and will not be expecting them to be distinguishable from those taken on my 7D Mark II or previously owned 70D just as there is no distinguishable difference between my images from those two bodies.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/114775606@N07/
Well, I look forward to seeing those. My earlier experiences with the M series were very disappointing and I sold it on after a particularly frustrating visit to a Canary Island. If Canon really is taking CSCs seriously now that would be a good thing. I could tell the difference between my 5D3 and 7D2 especially regarding noise.

I was going to Harrison's in Sheffield tomorrow to look at a used 500f4Mk2 ... they haven't had a used one in over a year! What a lazy way to do business (or not) in this case. The colleague I spoke to said that they had asked for the system to be updated...last week!!

I was going to Harrison's in Sheffield tomorrow to look at a used 500f4Mk2 ... they haven't had a used one in over a year! What a lazy way to do business (or not) in this case. The colleague I spoke to said that they had asked for the system to be updated...last week!!

....Unfortunately some retailers are quite happy to draw you into their shop (online or otherwise) and don't bother updating their websites regularly enough. It's like estate agents not bothering to remove their sign after the property purchase has been completed and the new owners have moved in!

Jessops have done that to me twice now. I shan't be buying anything from them!

Last edited:
Turning my attention to landscape this month so next purchase will be a filter set. Going for Haida 150mm to fit on 17mm TS - 6 stop ND, 3 stop soft grad and polarizer. Aiming for extreme close up on foreground style images.

I'm trying to track down a genuine hood for my Fuji XF 35mm f1.4 without paying through the nose for it [emoji1]

Bought a Elinchrome D-lite RX2 today for a studio shoot next month, cheap and cheerful but it looks like it'll do the job and I can use it with my speedlites to trigger it wireless too.

Probably a couple more frames for my next exhibition. I don't need more cameras, if anything I should sell one but I probably won't (which is how I've ended up with more than I need......)

And then this happened....

IMG_0407.JPG

It wasn't in my plans but I've been struggling in low light a bit on my current project, so I had a look and I found this with a very low shutter count for a verrry good price. I should be able to get my money back on it once done, unless I like it and finally say goodbye to my D700!

Lee Filters but im still on the fence. Lightroom grad vs physical grad is still making me ponder. I think I will however purchase the stoppers and the polariser if nothing else.

I am not expert in the Lee v LR argument but I do prefer to use the filters on camera when I can. It seems to enable me to do more PP should I need to. I am sure more seasoned outdoor photographers will chime in on this though.

Having already bought a Canon 135mm f2 this month I have been left on my own this weekend and ending up ordering a bit more. Well my Godox Ad600 came yesterday and my Bowen's fit softbox came today after ordering a speedlite fit one by mistake:banghead:
Now I realise I need a sturdier light stand for the 600 as the stands I use for my speedlites bend if I raise the unit too high:LOL:

Back