What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Kinda nicked from the film section, but this is for everyone.:)

My next purchase is likely to be a grey background.
I currently lust after a D500, but that will need to wait until I return from my Australia trip later in the year....
Wouldn't mind a sigma 50-100mm 1.8 art lens too. :)

Last edited:
More fixer. I'm not using enough films at the moment and my fixer seems to have gone off. Now have a good supply of film for my Roofs project so development rate should be going up.

As far as lusting goes - there is a reasonable chance that I shall be buying a Sigma 150 - 600 lens before I get too much older.

An M5 (I have gear to sell to buy it and a reasonable excuse for needing it - daughters wedding) :)
But I would really like a super tele to take to the zoo and do a bit of casual wildlife and maybe sports for fun - but it's so little use I can't justify the cost. :(

I'd like a 50mm macro for my Sony A7 to use as a walkabout lens. I tried the Sony and I don't know if it was faulty or not as the focus was all over the place. I suppose it'll be years before Sony update it or Sigma bring one out so I'll have to wait.

I'm quite tempted by an XF Sportbrake R... ( ;) :p ) Plenty of boot space for all my kit and performance aplenty as well!

Still have a hankering for an MF film system or even just a relatively wide angle TLR. Keeping an eye on local 2nd hand shelves and Mifsuds but I'm in no great hurry so can wait...

I'm quite tempted by an XF Sportbrake R... ( ;) :p ) Plenty of boot space for all my kit and performance aplenty as well!

Still have a hankering for an MF film system or even just a relatively wide angle TLR. Keeping an eye on local 2nd hand shelves and Mifsuds but I'm in no great hurry so can wait...
XF Sportbrake R sounds good. :)

The only thing I absolutely lust/drool over is the Canon 1D Mark X, but, sadly, I haven't robbed a bank or won the lottery.

XF Sportbrake R sounds good. :)

It sounds VERY good under acceleration! Doesn't even need the F-Type's exhaust trickery to do so.

Only problem is finding one that's affordable and not thrashed.

To keep it real, i'd like a background set up to try and capture the grandsons properly. Next is a Nikon or the new gen Tamon 70-200mm f2.8 and a Nikon 200-500mm.

Lustfully it'd be a big Nikon prime, 5 or 600mm...

An M5 (I have gear to sell to buy it and a reasonable excuse for needing it - daughters wedding) :)
But I would really like a super tele to take to the zoo and do a bit of casual wildlife and maybe sports for fun - but it's so little use I can't justify the cost. :(
Got the M5 (well 2nd one as first failed on day 2).....

Very pleased with it and it's handling is 95% of what I wanted and 500% better than the original M.

I want a 150-600 too. I did come across a YouTube video of a winter scene with the M5 and the big sig but can:t find it. If I do, I will post it.

Still getting used to the M5, mainly with the 22mm pancake (superb), 24mm EF-S pancake (superb), 28mm macrolite (not sure yet) and Sigma 30mm f/1.4 A (astonishing tbh). I love the 22mm but the Sig A with it's faster aperture is truly fantastic. Only thing is it is increasing in price like many kit bits. I tried a friend's 18-150.... not impressed.

Now the M6 is calling me too.... in Silver.... DSLR kit disposal now likely.

Ah! I was thinking more red dotted M series than baby Canons!

next purchase likely to be a Samyang 24mm f1.4
Lust after? Many things, as there is no such thing as too many toys, but one that I'll never own but would love to play with for an afternoon is the Canon 600 f4

Got the M5 (well 2nd one as first failed on day 2).....

Very pleased with it and it's handling is 95% of what I wanted and 500% better than the original M.

I want a 150-600 too. I did come across a YouTube video of a winter scene with the M5 and the big sig but can:t find it. If I do, I will post it.

Still getting used to the M5, mainly with the 22mm pancake (superb), 24mm EF-S pancake (superb), 28mm macrolite (not sure yet) and Sigma 30mm f/1.4 A (astonishing tbh). I love the 22mm but the Sig A with it's faster aperture is truly fantastic. Only thing is it is increasing in price like many kit bits. I tried a friend's 18-150.... not impressed.

Now the M6 is calling me too.... in Silver.... DSLR kit disposal now likely.
I've got the 35mm A and the 85mm 1.8 which I think will suit fine
The only lens I'd add for the M5 is the 22mm

I have been threatening to get my own printer ... it seems a bit of a dark art. I hope for a good deal at the Photo show...

Back