What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Not used my gear in a long time before a recent trip to Whitby. Would like something with a bit more reach so looking at lenses 300mm / 400mm at top end.

This weekend I bought...

Fuji 23/1.4 R
62mm metal hood because the one it comes with is massive
B+W pro filter
Westcott 7ft parabolic reflective umbrella
Diffuser for said umbrella
Eneloop Pro battery
Sekonic L-308S lightmeter

(Sold 23WR and 35WR to offset the costs)

I decided to replace my 7D a couple of years ago now, the obvious choice being the MKII but since then have looked at the 80D, a used 1D MKIV and the M5. Now waiting to see what the Canon 6D II specs are like before deciding but by the time I get round to it the 7D MKIII will probably be ready for release :(

Finally decided to try the peak design strap (and cuff) as I haven't been bothered with the black rapid for ages
The cuff is fantastic and I always have it on when using my Fuji. I barely know it's there but nice and secure which is obviously the main thing.

The cuff is fantastic and I always have it on when using my Fuji. I barely know it's there but nice and secure which is obviously the main thing.

I always put it off because they didn't look that safe but I guess after a few years and nothing has fallen off and premierink had them on offer, £65 for the both wasn't too bad.

I just wish the red one was more red and I'd have got that

Oh and think I need some way of transporting the Ad600, any recommendations?

Godox made a bag for it, sometimes sold as part of a kit there is room for the charger, reflector and the bulb holder extension if you pack carefully.

A canon pro level EF mirror less camera with a Silent shutter for wiled life .
Rob.

Renewed my sensor cleaning kit as all quite old and suspect(?) for further sensor related usage.

So, new sensorklear, loupe and blower on the way.

This week's purchases are...

Neewer USB powered chargers for Canon and Fuji batteries.
Universal power adaptor
Elinchrome flash bulb

Up in the lakes this week and despite a good start the weather is grim so bought myself a nice waterproof Berghaus jacket and just about to sort a new remote and think I might get a six stop filter too.

I decided to replace my 7D a couple of years ago now, the obvious choice being the MKII but since then have looked at the 80D, a used 1D MKIV and the M5. Now waiting to see what the Canon 6D II specs are like before deciding but by the time I get round to it the 7D MKIII will probably be ready for release :(

Bad form to quote your own post but Eos M5 kit arrived today, 22mm f2 arriving tomorrow and 11-22mm / 55-200mm possibly next week.

Hope I don't regret not waiting another 2 years .... or for the 6D2 at least :)

I would be interested in hearing how you find the M5. I had one of the original Ms and know they have advanced significantly. I read that Canon are taking mirror less seriously at last so perhaps you can tell us if they are when you've had a play with it.

A new tripod? The old one was advertised as being strong and stable, but checking this morning its support seems pretty weak. The head at least probably has to go.
Likewise for me I think. A new ballhead at least is a must.

I think I lost another Fuji battery, godammit so I bought 2 more! And also a Lee 62mm step down filter so I can fit it on my Fuji 23mm now.

Finally got by backside to the shop and got my bag today :D. Tamrac Stratus 10, seemed much smaller till I put all my gear in it. So now next purchase will be either flashgun or lens ;).

I lust after a D7200 but will have to settle for a new tripod

Godox made a bag for it, sometimes sold as part of a kit there is room for the charger, reflector and the bulb holder extension if you pack carefully.

Yep just bought the bag for it, waiting for it to be delivered.
Oh and the AD200 and accessories got delivered today.:banana:

a few things, now I've a D810 to go with the D700 I need a few more batteries for the D810.

Next step is to really push my skills and ability for my wedding work, so that means some off camera lighting, remotes etc.

A Olympus 75-300mm II is in my basket at Eglobal Central for £259.99 brand new :)

My most recent purchase today was a Canon EF 70-300 mm IS II lens with an entirely pointless screen on it to tell me things I don't need to know and cannot easily see in any case. Didn't buy it for the display, I bought it for insects on the wing.

Back