What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

No such thing as too much gear!:D

But seriously, what body do you shoot currently? I would personally always upgrade lenses first and only upgrade the camera body when it is REALLY necessary...

Current camera Sony A77, bought 2nd hand five years ago. Best camera I've ever owned. Still delights me with how good it is and how enjoyable to use. When the Sony A77iii arrives I'll read the reviews with great interest. I rarely find just one camera body upgrade step offers enough improvement to be worth spending money on.

Current camera Sony A77, bought 2nd hand five years ago. Best camera I've ever owned.I rarely find just one camera body upgrade step offers enough improvement to be worth spending money on.

My sentiment exactly. This is why I shoot my 1Ds II as often as I can and recently secured a 5D 1 to work alongside my 5D3. To me there is something magical about the last Canon D-SLR cameras before this video thing messed up D-SLR cameras.

A 50mm F1.4 which I managed to pick up last week (Minolta MD). I really must get on and use it rather than just looking at it and feeling pleased with myself!

Hmm. I don't really covet anything in particular, but I've always had a hankering for a Noct-Nikkor f1.2 and a Leica M3. Both are likely to remain pipe dreams though!

I suppose I could just about afford the Leica, but the lenses to do it justice would be a real stretch...

I've been selling stuff I don't use to replace my tripod! Just unwrapping my new Benro !!!

I had promised Bestbeloved that I wasn't going to buy any more camera kit then this Voigtlander Vitomatic II cs mysteriously arrived in the post. Made in 1967 according to the lens serial number and looking brand new. Beautiful!

Next addition will be a small side flash bracket. I tried with a long plate and it worked well for group shots in poor light.

I’ve also started lining up stuff I’ve not been using for sale, but looks like there will still be a lot left as I enjoy so many genres :)

I keep looking to get a gimbal....but I don’t shoot video!!!

I use the Lensmaster RH 1 and Wimberley 2 gimbal heads and I don't even know how to turn the video on on my 1DX! Mine are for wildlife photography and they really help. I wouldn't have thought that a Gimbal head would be suitable for video but, as previously stated, I simply have no idea on video!

I use the Lensmaster RH 1 and Wimberley 2 gimbal heads and I don't even know how to turn the video on on my 1DX! Mine are for wildlife photography and they really help. I wouldn't have thought that a Gimbal head would be suitable for video but, as previously stated, I simply have no idea on video!

This kind of Gimbal.

Can't really say I lust after any photographic equipment, I am happy with what I have got camera wise. Maybe get a more professional camcorder to go with My panasonic HC-X900M if pushed, but hat does its job well enough for me.

Last edited:
Well that just goes to show how little I know about video :D

Looks like a nice piece of kit.

They are a very recent piece of tech and have improved a lot in the past couple of years. This kind of steady cam used to be harness kind of rig that you wear, with DSLR now shooting 4K and the motors in the latest generations can take the weight of the bigger cameras and lenses, you can get true cinematic look for a fraction of the cost. It’s still not cheap, the gimbal is £700 but it would be 5 figures costs before and weight a ton, now you hold it with 1 hand.

Just purchased Godox TT350 and X1f trigger for Fuji and a Meike MK320 for the OMD

Need to sell most of my kit, then may buy a Canon 16-35mm. Also might sell my Sigma 150-500 and replace it with the sigma 150-600mm contemporary.

A stupidly expensive piece of filter.

xdVeNFu.jpg

A Metabones Speedbooster Nikon to Fuji X adaptor and a Nikon 105 f2.5 in excellent, or better, condition.

Picked up a Gitzo GK1545 earlier from Calumet in Manchester. Traded in my old Canon 30d and a couple of ef-s lenses for a very fair price

I bought a Hoya 77mm Circular Polariser, my first polariser for my DSLR, ever. 10 years of DSLR and I never had one. I do have a 58mm one for when I was shooting film but don't have a lens with that filter size in digital now and never used it, or needed it. I think I remember how to use it….

[QUOTE="Raymond Lin, post: 7986676, member: 1689I do have a 58mm one for when I was shooting film but don't have a lens with that filter size in[/QUOTE]

Want to get rid of it?

Linear or circular?

I'm looking at second hand d810's . I'm tempted to getting one to replace my xt2

My next purchase will a Cosmic 35 as I had one as kid that my dad had brought for me second hand ( got broken by my kids) or may be a Olympus super zoom camera which ever turns up first !

My Crumpler Base Park arrived today.

Top section for general stuff with laptop section.

zedbaHC.jpg

OG53J0V.jpg

Bottom section has a removable DSLR compartment for 1 body and 2 lenses for travel.

FPTtcj0.jpg

QNOoT9s.jpg

It's a nice bag, is the black a suede material too? And do you think the bottom would fit a 70-200ii, 24-70 and 5div in?

It's like a waxed fabric, like the expensive Barbour Jackets you find.

The bottom might take a 24-70 and 70-200 if you have the 70-200 attached and point it at an angle but I don't have a 70-200 to try.

Last edited:
My 5D1FINALLY made it home today...woohoo!! piccies to follow!

Bought a Canon 5D MKIV some weeks ago.

Yesterday bought a Manfrotto Off Road 30L backpack and a book - The Photographer's Guide to The Yorkshire Dales.
Backpack arrived this aft. Looks great although the Canon attached with a 24-70mm f2 lens only just fits in to the camera compartment. Testing it out in The Lake District on Monday

Back